Trapped pt. 4

Sulfus and I transformed back into our angelic and diabolic forms in order to face the Minotaur.

The monster came charging straight at us, until Sulfus hit it with his fire wings. He's really a hotheaded devil. He looked back at me with a bright smile on his face, which had my heart singing.

"You were right! We can totally take this thing down!"

I smile at his enthusiasm, "Don't celebrate too early, little devil." Right when I finished, the flames on the beast died down and it used some kind of a power that shot metal spikes at us.

Just as Sulfus did to me, I pulled him behind me in order to protect him. "Cover fly!" My wings change, and soon we're both wrapped in the protective cover of my dark wings.

I can feel every hit from the spikes, my wings felt as if they were going to tear, but there was no way I would let Sulfus get hit by those.

"Elos, you have to stop, this is too much for you.." Sulfus said softly.

I do hear him, but I have to protect him. If this attack hurts my wings in cover form, imagining how much they'd hurt him makes me want to cry, and I never cry.

"Chill out, I can do this, I know I can." I smiled at him, but I was getting weaker by the second. The moment the attack stopped, my cover wings retracted and I fell to the ground, exhausted.

"Elos!" The devil couched next to me and reached out, but didn't touch me, he couldn't touch me.

"It's alright... Go without me, okay?"

"Don't say that! You just need some rest..."

I look up at him, but I'm seeing doubles, almost triples. "There's no time... Sulfus..p-please-"

He held a finger to his lips, "Shh, just rest." He got up and faced the Minotaur, but I was too tired to say anything else. I tried to keep my eyes open, but it was hard.

Sulfus is protecting me, again. He keeps protecting me. Sulfus really cares about me, I know that... But.. if he's going to be like this, I wish he wouldn't. He should just leave me here and run, like a devil would, but why...? For a fake angel like me...

He doesn't need to protect me, because I will protect him... Or... Should we protect each other?

I managed to get myself up and stumble my way to a large hole in the stone wall. I can hear Sulfus, he's in pain, I know it. By the time I regroup, I could see that Sulfus was in danger. The Minotaur was going to kill him, and he seemed to have given up fighting back. Something in me changed in that moment, I don't know what it was, but I felt stronger than ever.

"Warp fly!" My wings changed and I fazed through time and space to grab Sulfus, then fazed again to a position on the far wall, away from that beast with the devil in my arms. He was beaten pretty bad while I was out if it. All if this because I was too weak to handle one attack.

"Sulfus!" I shouted, holding him close to me, my eyes stung and I just knew I was going to cry.

"Elos... You're touching me.. did you forget the V.E.T.O...?" He asked weakly, a tear rolling down his cheek.

I shook my head, trying my hardest not to cry, I never cry, but I really want to. "Now is not the time for that Sulfus! Besides, this isn't the first time..."

"That touch... It changed everything..."

I stare down at him, combing my fingers through his dark blue hair. "You're right.."

"Why didn't you just leave me behind..?"

"You didn't leave me behind.... I told you to run, and yet you protected me..."

The Minotaur's roar shook the room and it came charging at us again.

Sulfus did try and stand up, so all I can do is support his weight as both of us prayed for this all to be over.

"Warp fly!" I held tightly to my devil friend as we fell through the wall behind us into a different room. I felt as if I could collapse at any moment, but Sulfus was so much worse off than me. In the dark room was a small stair case with a door at the top of it, from it I could hear voices.

"Do you think... That's the way out?" Sulfus asked, already looking like he was actually gonna die.

"Sulfus! Don't talk anymore, save your strength, please!" I can hear the desperation in my own voice as I helped support his weight on my shoulders. I don't care about the veto anymore, Sulfus is more important. I have to get him out of here. I have to keep him safe.

With new determination, I scale the stairs with Sulfus basically on my back and manage to get him to the strange door, on the other side was...the school?

I don't really have time to worry about the school, because Sulfus couldn't hold himself up anymore. He collapsed.

"Sulfus! Sulfus, stay with me! I... I'll get you to the infirmary! P-please, Sulfus!"

Sulfus looks up at me, his eyes clouded over like I've never seen, then they closed, which sent me into a spiral of panic.