Interesting Halloween

Our earthly ones got invited to a party at a strange house, so of course we angels and devils had to go. I decided to go in terrestrial form, in a school uniform as a costume.

Temptel wouldn't care anyway, rules are made to be broken, and she actively encourages it. I mean, I skip class regularly and I know that.  I'm still very sleepy, but my earthly one comes first.

I took my time to make the perfect uniform, so of course I was late to meet up with the others.

"Uggghh I wanna take a nap.. Kilin, active metamorphosis."

Kilin allowed me to change into terrestrial form and I put my costume on. I don't think I stand out too much, which is good, my skirt might be a little short, but I'm sixteen stars old now, it doesn't really matter.

I'm the last to join the group, the devils were getting testy waiting for me.

"What's taking her so long! We should just leave her already." Kabale rolled her eyes.

"Just give her a minute Kabale,  she probably overslept again." Sulfus defended me, for some reason or another, not that I care.

I smile while coming down the stairs. "He's right, Kabale, I just overslept, no need to get your horns in a twist."

I kind of enjoyed their collective gasps, it was a little funny.

"What are you supposed to be, El?" Cabiria is the only person who'd ever all me that, it's not like I hate it, but it isn't a preference.

"What does it look like, I'm a student, of course. Can't you tell from the uniform?" I twirl to show off my handy work.

"It's kind of plain, isn't it?" She walked around me, examining me like she wasn't the one wearing a skeleton costume.

"Well, with this red gem, we could say that I'm a noble vampire, right? What do you think, angels?" I look at the angels, Raf in particular. She's wearing a devil costume, I wonder who she's trying to copy with that star on her eye.

Miki smiles, "I think you look so pretty, Elos."

"I hate to say it, but I agree." Sulfus pushed pass the other devils to stand at my side. "It really suits you."

"I wish I could say the same for you, halo head." I giggled, tapping the fake halo that completed his angel costume. "Let's go before the Profs change their minds or something."

We started the way to the party, all of them talking among their friends while Sulfus and I walked together.

"You really do look nice in that." Sulfus chuckled.

"Well, as simple as I am, I do know that I'm... Actually not so bad looking." I smiled to myself, looking at my reflection in every glass we had passed.

"You've always looked good ang- I mean..."

"'Devil'? Yeah, it's still taking some getting used to..." My eyes were drawn to him as we spoke to each other, and my chest began to feel full again, which is just weird.

Sulfus got a toothy grin on his face. "No matter what, you're just you to me, El."

"Aw, how sweet. Too bad Jace said the same thing." I giggled.

Sulfus growls like a devil, "Who the devil is that? Are you close? What else has-"

"Cool your horns, Sulfus. He's just a friend, and a mortal, I promise." I laughed, but I'm not sure why. I think he's jealous, or acting like it, and something about that just makes me feel all ticklish on the inside.

Sulfus sneers,"Really? That's all? Are you-"

"Devils always lie, but remember, I used to be an angel."

"Even as an angel you told a lot of lies, El, like, when you said you didn't like ma." He winked with a devilish smirk on his face.

"Oh shut up." I rolled my eyes. "I don't feel anything for you anymore."

"Are you sure about that, you're blushing, and-" he came closer to me, enough to wrap and arm around my waist, which made me absolutely freeze in my tracks "See? You do feel something for me."

For a minute, my mind didn't want to catch up with my heart, and I squeaked, "Shut up.... And get your hands off me."

Sulfus laughs, pulling his hand back. "Alright, little devil."

"Ha.Ha. Whatever you say, my angel." I giggled, and, for some reason, I decided to walk arm in arm with him. It felt so natural, and he didn't stop me.

Like that, we walked to the party together, ignoring the voices of our classmates and rivals behind us.