Unfortunate Proof

After a few days, and getting over my anger, Raf and I went to see Reina together, determined to get evidence of whether what she said was the truth.

"I'll do the talking, since you can hardly keep your cool, halo head." I said on our flight over.

"Well, you're the one who broke down first last time, so I think I'm the one with the most self control, Elos." She snapped at me.

I roll my eyes, "Like you were any better. Unlike you, I had it rough growing up. Sorry I couldn't be little miss perfect angel."

Raf sighs, "We used to be good friends Elos... And that stupid trap ruined all of that. Are you ever going to forgive me?"

I glare at her, "Look at me, Raf. I'm no longer an angel, shoot, I don't even know if I am an angel!"

Raf got quiet, staring at the earth beneath us. "Well... Now we'll know."

"Yeah... Whatever."

We stopped talking to each other, quietly flying to where Reina was living. We went straight to the greenhouse, because we saw that she was in there.

"Raf, Elos, what a joy to see you two." Reina smiled at us, it made me want to gag.

I step in front of her, "Give us evidence of what you're saying is true. To the devil with formalities, pleasantries, all of that, just give us some evidence."

"Well, I'd expect nothing less from you, Elos. So focused on your go-"

"The next words out of your mouth had better be something to do with us, or we're both leaving." I glared at her, placing a hand on my hip. "I have a little devil to get back to."

Raf gags, "I didn't need to hear that."

Reina rolls her eyes as she sighs, "For Raf. Tell me the nature of an Angel's skin."

"The skin of an angel? Well.. it's perfect." Raf raised an eyebrow.

"Exactly. Perfect, without any flaws. So, could there be an angel walking around with imperfect skin? No. Because that wouldn't be angel like." Reina held up a single white rose.

"But my skin isn't scarred!" Raf moved pass me.

Reina pointed the rose at a mirror. "Look at your beautiful blonde hair, and move it. If you look at your neck, there will be a mark you've had since birth. This is proof that you were born a terrestrial-

I kind of drown her voice out, watching Raf closely. As Reina said, when Raf lifted her hair, there was a mark on her neck, just the slightest imperfection on her skin.

That was enough. Enough to prove that Raf wasn't born an angel. And she bolted, leaving me behind with Reina.

"...Raf..." I could only watch her go before looking at Reina. "So, what evidence do you have for me?"

Reina chuckles, "you, my dear, are a bit more complicated. You see, you weren't born a terrestrial, in fact, I know you better than you would know yourself."

I click my teeth, "What is that supposed to mean?"

Reina smirks, "You were born a creature of limbo."

Time seemed to stop for a few seconds, it took me a while to process what she said.

"I... What...?"

Reina nods, "I know it's hard for you to believe, so as proof, look in the mirror, at your wings. Why do you think it was so easy for you to adapt. You ever cared about either side, angels or devils. You look so different, because your neither, while also being both. You're a neutral, a creature of limbo."

I broke out into a cold sweat, and my throat began to close up. I quickly turned to the mirror and touched my wings, the wings that I was cursed with, that haven't changed since I was an angel. Everything from my hair, to my eyes, to my nails, everything looks different now, and I can't believe it

"N-no, y-you're wrong! I can't be! I'm not a monster!'

"Ah, my dear. Not all creatures of limbo have those beastly appearances."

"I... I can't be a creature of limbo! I have my own thoughts and feelings, I have the ability to lean! I-"

Reina cut me off, "You were born through a sacrilege in limbo. Your body itself is proof of that. What more do you need, dear."

"You.... Y-you... Liar!" I flew out of the greenhouse as fast as I could, covering my hears.

It can't be true.

I'm not a monster.

I can't be a monster!

They'd never bring a monster to Angie Town, right!? I...

This can't be right. It can't be the truth. It just can't!