It's about time (Sulfus v.)

It's been a long time since Elos asked me for anything. She's been so mad, and when we finally got to a good place, Reina happened and she started avoiding me all over again.

So of course I'm here when she finally wants to talk. Actually, I thought her being a devil, after the incident, would bring us closer together, but that didn't exactly happen, and I get it, I broke her heart. I'm surprised she didn't kill me, if I was her, I'd kill me. Then again, she's a lot more timid than she acts.

She's a lot nicer than any devil, she really didn't change much at all. As an angel, she told lies, she argued, she broke more rules than I did most of the time. Never got caught though.

Thinking about her, just everything about her, makes me feel like I could do anything. I mean, I just want to be with her, if that makes sense. I want to hold her, I don't want her to be sad anymore.

That time we were under the influence of the spider bite... I was the happiest I've been in my life. Elos makes me happy and I'm not going to deny that fact because of some stupid spell, or the ludicrous rules that tried to keep us apart.

I'm glad that she finally wants to talk, because that means she still trusts me, we still have a shot, and I'm not letting that go. That earthly one she hangs out with doesn't stand a chance against me anyway.

I reach out arranged meeting spot and sit right next to her on the park bench. I can tell she hasn't slept well, and she's definitely nervous. She's fiddling with her hair and her leg is bouncing, she can't sit still when she's worried about something.

"It's the first time you've called me out to talk, El. What's up?" I smile at her, because I know it calms her down. I want to hold her hand and tell her everything is fine, but I have no idea what she's worried about.

She takes a deep breath, rubbing the back of her neck like she does when she's afraid. "I um... I talked to Reina... About what she said..."

I try not to look surprised so she won't get any more nervous, "Yeah? What'd she say? She didn't try to hurt you, right?" I don't trust that woman for a second, she probably filled Elos' head with lies, but lies that got her worked up. I trust Elos' intuition, but anything that comes out of Reina's mouth is a load of-

"No, no, she didn't it was just talking, but... I didn't like the answers she gave me. I mean I really hated them, but they make sense." She calmed down a bit, looking me in the eye. It's like she can see through me. Being lost in her eyes calms me too. I can't explain it too well, but it's like, when I look in her eyes, I really feel like everything is okay. If that makes sense.

I put my hand on her shoulder to re assure her, but she jerked away, almost like she was afraid...of me. it made my chest hurt, but now isn't the time for worrying about myself, she wants to talk and I'm going to listen, just for her.

"Well... I'm here for you, El. Go ahead and talk."

She takes a deep breath, the started talking pretty quickly. She had a lot to say and as she went on she she got more relaxed. It's always been like this, it wasn't an illusion created by Reina's spider, she really is just so cute.

I listen to her, everything she has to say, trying to remember it all. I can't pity her, it'd make her feel bad, but I can admire the fact that she could manage to deal with all of this for so long, all alone. She needs me now more than ever.

Elos doesn't feel like herself anymore, and without answers, she might never be the same, I can see it in her eyes, hear it in her voice. She's scared. And she feels like she's alone, but she does have me.

"...So, I went back to her today and she said I could get more answers if I got into the hall of portraits."

I'm fairly surprised at her decision, she's usually so cautious, but this... This is just dangerous. "Are you sure about doing that? It's radical, even for a devil." I know Elos is a devil now, and even before she broke a lot of rules and got away with it, but this? This isn't something that should be taken lightly.