Under the Weather

Today I woke up not feeling right. I get hot flashes, then the chills. It's almost like I have the flu. I don't even feel like getting out of bed.

"Elos, are you okay?" I could hear Raf talking, but I couldn't really find the energy to respond.

"I'm gonna go get the professor!" Urie shouted and rushed out of my room, that they both entered without my permission in the first place... Well, whatever, it's nice having them around when I'm not feeling too good.

Raf sits on the bed next to me, holding my hand, which honestly makes me feel happy, but it doesn't stop the strange feeling in my stomach, like butterflies flapping around in there.

"It's okay, Elos, the professor will be here any minute." She said softly, as if talking to a defenseless creature. It was soothing, and kind of embarrassing.

Raf ended up being right, the professor was at my side in record time. He did look worried, and honestly, it made my chest tighten as I did truly feel cared for. Raf left the room, but not before helping me sit up.

The professor checks my temperature, looks in my mouth and eyes, just trying to find anything out of the ordinary. "Everything seems alright, you don't have a fever."

I nod and then look down at my feet, remembering yesterday's events. I bet this happened because of whatever bit me, I wonder if something similar is happening with Sulfus... Wait.. no.. why am I worried about a devil? We aren't even all that close.

"Elos, look me in the eyes. Is there something on your mind that you want to tell me?" He asked.

I look him in the eyes, just like he wanted and make sure to speak with a hint of venom in my voice, "Nothing you don't already know, professor."

He sighed at my words, then put a hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry, Elos. I really am. I know this must be hard for you. We'll send you to the infirmary for the day."

I nod again, this time in silence, and get myself up. The professor allowed me to lean on him as we walked down the halls and up the stairs. When we got to the waiting room, it was empty, so we sat side by side and I just tried not to pass out.

Soon, the stench of sulfur entered the room, and two devils walked in. One the professor for the devils at the school, and the other... Sulfus.

We could only stare at each other.. well, glance at each other, then look away when we noticed we were looking, and the professors talked, but I couldn't really hear them. Soon, I was told to come into the Angel's doctor's office. Of course, they had to give me a check up and examine me. They ran a few basic tests just to see if I was all good.

What was weird was, after all the tests and examinations, I felt fine. Actually, after I saw Sulfus I felt fine, which is extra strange, but I just felt alright.

I don't know what is going on with me, but I genuinely dislike it. Seriously. I don't think Sulfus did anything to me, he's not that kind of devil, but something about him...

No. What the devil. No. No. No.

I'm too tired for this. I just want to take a nap and not be bothered. Is that too much to ask?