Soft hearted Devil

Okay, okay, I know what I said, and did, but like... I can't be mad at them for something that wasn't even their fault.  I mean, I am still mad, yes. Very mad, but I know that it wasn't intentional, at least, on Sulfus' part.

And so, after taking a nap, drinking tea, and eating some strawberry cake, I am here, at the disciplinary hearing, to defend my former friends.

"Elos, you're late, we were afraid you weren't going to show." Arkhan waved me inside.

Looking around, I can tell the Angel's and the Devil's defense did have the Profs thinking, but it was nowhere near enough. They were right, I had to be there.

"I apologise, I had a headache and was very dizzy waking up. I imagine it's because of those transition." I yawned, standing between the two on trial. "Anyway. Yeah, this is totally someone's master plan."

Temptel gestures at me to speak.

I look around the room at the people staring at me, then sigh, "I believe... No, I know someone has been manipulating us from behind the scenes. There have been too many instances where Sulfus and I were put in odd situations together. That and it did not make sense that Sulfus and Raf kissed, seeing as it was Sulfus and I that everyone feared would cause this sacrilege. So why Sulfus and Raf? They don't even know each other."

Arkhan clears his throat, then turns to Temptel. They whisper among themselves for a bit, then nod.

"Yes, this does need some looking into."

I watch as they walk off the stand and turn on my heel.

"Elos!" Raf called out to me, and I turned to her, just a little annoyed, "What?"

"Thank you, and I'm sorry."

"... Don't ever speak to me again. Then we're even." I left them there, I don't need to do anything else, it's out of my hands.

The High and Low Spheres will decide our Fate. I know I'm going to be in trouble. I don't know what I am, but I do know that something about me, and this situation, is very suspicious.

Everything is absolutely screwed.

I don't know what's going to happen to those two, but I think I should be worrying about myself right now. I mean, now that I'm well rested and well fed- I cannot believe I became a devil! And it's like my personality switched too!

I've never read about this, oh my horns I'm so screwed! Those two committed a sacrilege and I'm here doing the impossible!

Wait does this mean I'm like, trans-species? Is that even a thing? It's like that spider that looks and acts like an ant so it can eat them or something. Or when the earthly ones have their genders changed so they can be comfortable in their body...

But don't they have to go through some kind of procedure for that?

"Uuuggghhhhh, I just hope I'm not made mortal! I don't think I could survive! How could the High and Low Spheres just be cool with this? I'm going to be experimented on aren't I? I'm not mentally prepared for this!"

"Woah, girly, calm down. This change making you bug out or what? Just chill, you were great back there." Kabale came flying over.

"....How much of that did you hear?"

"Hmm, like, all of it. You really worry a lot for a devil." She giggled.

"I'm worried for myself, there's no way any angel or devil would let me be after hat happened, you know that."

She shrugs landing in front of me. "Well yeah, but so what? Just take it and deal."

"You make it sound easy."

"It is easy! Like, all you need to do is devil up, ya'know? Think about it like a devil, what can they really do to you? Send you to Sulfur City, you don't have anything there, do you?" She put her hands on her hips.

"Well, I can't go back to Angie Town as a devil." I sighed, walking past her. "So yeah, I'm screwed."

Kabale sighs, "Hey, worrying about it isn't going to make anything easier."

"I know that, but-"

"But nothing. Just chill out, okay? Don't think about that right now, think about what you just did in there. You possibly just saved out friends." She placed her hand on my shoulder. "Isn't that great?"

"I possibly saved your friends, that's true. But that doesn't save me, and that's the only thing that matters." I threw her hand off and went back to my room. I know that she's right, but why should I care about what happens to them? That's none of my business any more.

I never knew these devil's were so soft, and now all we have to do is wait for the results of our combined efforts.