Love Bug pt. 2

Sulfus got in my face, all angry because I teased him about his puny little fire. He nearly broke the V.E.T.O, but his devil associates stopped him. After that, he asked me to leave the challenge room, and now we both stand on the platform, together.

"So, what did you want me here for?" I asked him, petting my mascot, Kilin.

"You'll see in a sec. Basilisk, activate metamorphosis. To confuse and curse." His snake, which is his mascot, helped him change into his earthly form.

I look him up and down, then put a hand on my hip, mumbling, "Hey, we're not supposed to change without a reason."

"Didn't stop you, now did it?" He laughed.

I roll my eyes, because I know he's right. I've broken that rule more times than I can count already. "Alright, whatever. Kilin, activate metamorphosis. To guard and protect." I whispered and allowed myself to transform into my earthly form. This time, Kilin disappeared into one of the flowers in my hair.

"Finally, now I've got you!" He took a step forward.

I just laugh and start running backwards. "Only if you catch me first, little devil!" I giggled and turned on my heel to take off running down the hallway.

Sulfus runs after me, shouting, "You can't get away from me, so stop!"

We both ended up laughing as we ran around, him chasing me. We ran through the courtyard, pass the fountain. I made him back track because I hid behind a piller and ran at him when he wasn't ready. We ran back down the halls to the stairs, then to the classroom, where I had to stop to catch my breath.

Sulfus came in after me and leaned into a desk, panting, "You're pretty fast, for an angel that is."

I take a few deep breaths, then smile at him, "Can't admit when you've lost? Poor, poor little devil." I laughed, before running down the halls again, Sulfus soon following after me.
I rounded a corner a little too fast and ended up tripping and falling down a flight of stairs.

"Ow! Ugh..." I got up fairly quickly, but it was too late, Sulfus had me pinned with my back to the wall.

"Got you." He panted.

"Aw, congrats, Sulfus." I laughed between breaths, trying not to die from lack of oxygen. Seriously, how do earthly ones do this all the time? Running is so tiresome.

"Now that I got your attention..."

I raise an eyebrow, then I turned to my side to see a very large blue door with several inscriptions on it.

"Woah..." I gasped and both of us stopped our little game to look at the door. I read it, then looked at Sulfus. "It says it guards all the spirits of the earthly ones... I think.."

Sulfus' expression twists with worry, uncommon for a devil and he nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I think we should go too. We might be trespassing and-ugh!"

My eyes widen as before I realized it, I had my hands on the devil's shoulders, trying to find out the cause of his sudden yelp. "Hey, what's wro- arrg!" I felt sharp pain on my ankle, it was only for a moment, but it hurt like nothing I've ever felt before.

Sulfus took my hands as if it were natural. "Are you alright?"

For some reason, I didn't see anything wrong with letting him hold my hands, in fact, I think I like it. "Yeah, something just bit me."

"I felt it too." He mumbled.

In the distance, I can here Raf and her friends calling for me and Sulfus and I give each other a knowing look.

"Looks like we have to go... Let's not tell anyone about this, Sulfus."

He nods, smiling at me. "Agreed."

Neither of us knew.

Neither of us were ready.

The heavy hit of a bug bite would run our lives.

The treacherous bite from that cursed love bug.