Trapped pt. 2

Sulfus peeked out of the room to see if there was anyone there, when he turned back he held a hand out to me. "We're terrestrial now, you can touch me." A soft smile danced on his face which made my heart flutter.

I take his hand, and we look each other in the eye again, both of us smiling, probably feeling the same thing. We walk around hand in hand, looking around for any way to escape, but being careful not to be caught. Our fingers are locked together, and we stand close to each other.

For some reason, with this devil, I feel so safe, and warm. I feel so happy, like I've never felt before. It's a strange feeling, my heart throbbing in my chest, the butterflies in my stomach, the heat of my own skin betraying my natural instinct. I can't help but love it.

"Elos, are you okay? You're looking more pale that usual." Sulfus asked and stopped in his tracks. He put a hand on my cheek, which instantly began to feel warm.

I lean my face into his hand and smile at him. "Yeah, I'm alright still. I see a spiral staircase up ahead, we should get going, but... W-will you keep holding my hand?"

Sulfus got a smirk on his face and pulled me closer to him before he whispered, "As long as you want to hold onto me, I'll hold your hand."

There was no turning back for me, it's over. In my head, I know this is wrong, but this feeling I have for this devil has to be real... I hope it's real. If this is just because of some bug bite I... I don't know what I'll do.

I hug onto the devil's arm as we slowly scaled the spiral staircase.

"This place is weird... I don't sense anyone, but I feel like someone's watching us." I whispered to him.

"Yeah, whoever brought us here must be watching for some reason, and not stopping us. But why? What could they want from us?" He whispered back.

"I have no idea... But at least... We're.. together again..." I mumbled, feeling shy all over again.

Sulfus chuckles, "I knew you missed me, angel."

"Oh shut up, you likely missed me too, devil. Or you wouldn't bother being so sweet." I turned my face away, totally not because I felt like I was on fire or anything.

Sulfus laughs and lifts my chin, gently guiding me back into looking at him which sent a wave down my spine that almost made me feel weak.

"Even without an expression, I still want to see your face. You're blushing and it's cute. For such a snippy angel, you're actually really shy aren't you."

"S-Shut up... It's only because it's you, stupid devil..." I mumbled, turning my eyes so I wouldn't have to see the expression on his face.

He laughed some more, and we soon reached the top of the stairs case. Immediately, we notice all the ancient hieroglyphics on the walls, but we really don't have the time to read them.

"Let's be careful, stick close to me." Sulfus whispered, and when I nodded, we began our journey into the labyrinth.