Broken Rules pt. 2

Jace appeared to be having fun while taking me around town. We took photos together whenever we got to a popular site and we even went shopping together. The day was wonderful, fun, almost exciting, until we ran into Urie and her earthly one.

"Oh no..."

"What happened?" Jace asked, looking kind of worried already.

I shake my head and tell him I have to leave. Without waiting for a response, I dipped away with Kilin flying close behind me. I transformed out of the earthly form just for good measure and during my escape my glove snagged on one of the signs of the building.

"Ugh! I'll get another one, we can't let Urie see us here!"

Kilin and I look at each other, then I pulled the glove off my hand and left it behind. I can't let anyone see the mark on my hand. EVER.

If they found out I broke the V.E.T.O I'd be sent back home to Angie Town.. I'd be alone again. No, I'd probably be expelled from Angie Town! I would never see Raf again, I.... I'd lose my wings.

The thought makes my chest hurt. It aches. Why did I have to turn back for that devil! Why do I have to be an angel... Why can't I be a proper angel. I shouldn't have come down to the earthly realm...

"If that devil was here, he'd probably be making fun of me. Let's just go back, Kilin. Raf and Sweet will likely want us for something or another.. " I sighed and looked at my hands just to see the mark of the V.E.T.O is gone. It just... Disappeared.

It was like a weight had been removed from my wings.

"Oh thank the halos! Now let's just hope no one finds out we broke the rules... I doubt Sulfus is gonna say anything anyway."