Mischievous Angel

"Mother, I am leaving now." I pick up the one bag I need and wave my partner over to me. I know that this day will likely be the last I will ever see if this place, if not, I'll just run away.

"Oh, alright. Goodbye, Elos. I know you are going to become an amazing angel. Don't let what others say get you down, alright?" She gave me my last hug.

I smiled at her as best I could and hugged her back. This is goodbye to the only Angel I know to care for. I was homeschooled all this time, since I made other angels uncomfortable. This is the first time I'll be leaving Angie Town since I came to live here.

"I will do my best. Come on Kilin, we don't want to give them more of a reason to find us troubling." I giggled, then waved at the angel I call Mother, and flew down the roads with my little Griffin friend. He's been with me for as long as I can remember, so about thirteen stars.

The flight wasn't too difficult, but there were two familiar angels hugging it out there. It looks nice, they seem so happy. The blonde angel with a red streak in her hair is named Raf, I know that because she was one of the few angels that went out of their way to talk to me when we first met. She is going to do fine as an angel.

Her friend's name escapes me, but I am sure we're gonna meet again, since we're all going to the same place.

Raf was next in line to go through the gates and Kilin and I were after her friend. At least, until something caught Kilin's eye and he went fling after her.

"Kilin, no! Wait!" I instantly took off after him, and when I went to grab him, I tripped, and ended up falling into the blonde angel and her partner.

"Whaaaa!"

"Oh no!"

We both fell into the lit door and into the human world. Neither one of us were able to recover quickly, so I had to slow us down somehow. I grabbed her hand.

"H-hold on, Raf! Cover fly!" My wings changed and the both of us were wrapped in a dark, protective bubble until we safely landed on the ground. Both of us got pretty dizzy it seemed, but no injuries.

"Woah, thanks for helping me. I'm Raf, ah, but you know that already." She laughed and started dusting herself off.

I smile at her, the best smile I can manage in this situation. "Yes, I'm sorry about Kilin, I guess he got excited. I'm Elos. We met some stars ago, but I don't think you remember me..."

Just when I was trying to explain, a truck drove straight at us and Raf freaked out as if it would hit us. I guess she didn't know that until our transformation is complete, we're transparent. That was made more clear when the truck passed through us, and a devil with a snake on his shoulders began to laugh.

I put my hands on Raf's shoulders to make sure she was alright. "Raf, until you complete your transformation, you're transparent." I laughed a bit and lifted her off the ground so we could fly near the devil. "You seem to be having a good time."

"You saw her face!" The devil only laughed more.

Raf sighs and then smiles. "I'm Raf."

I follow her lead and smile at the devil. "My name is Elos."

"I'm Sulfus. You must've heard of me." The devil said and he extended a hand. Raf went to shake it, but he snatched it away at the last second. "Well now you know me!" He laughed again.

Raf got a bit upset and her little ladybug flew into the devil's face just to get hissed at by the snake on his shoulder, which frightened it. I folded my arms and Kilin got in the snakes face to screech at it, which made the snake cower, and it was my turn to laugh.

"Well, now you know me. Raf doesn't know much about V.E.T.O, so we have to go now." I took the Angel's hand and started flying back with her.

"Wait a minute! Are you a devil?" I heard him call out, as I guess he only now noticed my wings.

"I am an angel with dark wings, but still an angel." I sighed, and Raf gasped like she only just noticed, which I guess is to be expected.

It's only the first day, and I'm already regretting leaving home.