Chapter 42

As soon as you knew, it was Saturday already.

Finally you could sleep in.

Or so you though.

Early at 9AM in the morning, your mother decided to storm into your room, and tear you out of your dream.

"Good morning!"

"What the- Why are all of you entering my room just as you please?" You growled, burying your head into your pillow.

"Get up and get ready!" Your mother said.

"What for?" You still laid in bed, not making any efforts to move.

"It's been a long time since we last spent time together. So Tokuji and I came up with the idea to go camping again. The weather is much warmer than last time, so it will be even better." She opened the blinds, letting the sun shine into your room.

"Camping again? Why?"

"Because you could use some nature. All you do is sitting in these four falls, doing absolutely nothing. We're going and this is my last word."

"How would you even know? You're not even at home." You rolled your eyes.

"We're going at 11, so come down to eat." With that, she left the room.

After freshen up, you went down to the kitchen, where your mother had prepared breakfast already.

"Good morning!" Oikawa's dad smiled at you.

He really was a sweet man. You didn't get to spend too much time with him, but his character was just passing your vibe check.

Unlike some others'.

"Good morning." You smiled back.

"After such a long time, we all are going to spend time again." He watched you sit down.

"Why camping though? We could have decided together." You said.

"Oh, your mother said that you really liked the last camping trip. I also prepared a new hiking route because I thought you might like it." He tilted his head.

'This woman.' You squinted your eyes without even noticing.

"Fine, but why are we leaving at 11? Isn't that too early."

"We have to drop a package off and I've got a lot to do for us today. I've planned everything." He grinned.

A few minutes later, Oikawa also came and sat down in front of you.

The atmosphere changed and you now felt awkward.

The whole week he had been ignoring you, and not even now he was looking at you.

Why though?

At first you thought he was just giving you some space, but he didn't even talk to you in any way.

No 'Good morning's, 'Goodnight's or anything else.

In school, the team even thought that you two were fighting.

He didn't even try to cover it up and act like nothing was wrong.

Hamaguchi asked you about it, and you told her honestly that you had no idea of what was wrong.

While your mother was cleaning the kitchen, you packed a little bag for the little trip.

You knew what was expecting you and you also knew that this trip was going to be nothing but cringe.

Well, at least not as long as your parents were with you.

You didn't want to be alone with Oikawa.

After everyone was done, you all sat in the car, Tokuji driving.

Oikawa and you sat in the back, looking out of the window or just hanging on your phones.

Finally an hour later, you arrived at the camping spot and parked the car.

"Alright, follow me!" Tokuji said.

You went the same way as before an finally arrived.

You built up the tents and waited for Oikawa's dad to get some things from the car.

"(Y/N), did you and Tooru-kun fight?" Your mother suddenly whispered, making you jump in surprise.

"Uh, no, we just don't talk much these days. School has been stressing." You said.

"Yeah, he looks kinda down. Try to cheer him up, okay?" She smiled.

You nodded and saw Tokuji coming towards you, having fishing rods in his hands.

"It's the best time to go fishing." He smiled proudly.

And so the four of you went fishing.

You remembered the last time when you were by the lake with Oikawa. He had thrown you into it and jumped in too.

You were having so much fun for the first time in so long.

Suddenly, you felt a little sting in your heart when you thought back to that.

You furrowed your eyebrows, rubbing your chest.

'Why?'

___________

After fishing and eating, you all played board games and packed little bags with water, because your mother decided to go for a walk in the forest, when it was about to get dark.

"Why now? It's getting dark." You said.

"That's the fun part. It will be scarier." She giggled.

Since when was she like that?

"You're not a Teenie anymore. You should know that such things are dangerous." You crossed your arms.

"She just wanted to be fun for once." Tokuji chuckled.

"Shut up! We packed the bags for the walk, so don't back off now."

You looked at Tokuji who had kind of puppy eyes.

He really wanted to go too.

'Parents you say?' You rolled your eyes and eventually agreed to go.

It was now late in the evening, and it was getting darker.

Your parents walked ahead, while you and Oikawa walked behind them, silently.

Just then you realized that you forgot your bag back at the camp.

"You guys, I'll be heading back to get my bag. I'm thirsty." You said.

"Here, have my bottle." Your mother offered.

"I'd rather not. You drank out of it." You said and started to walk back.

"Hurry up, we'll be waiting here. Tooru-kun, please go with her."

You knew Oikawa couldn't say no to your mother, so he accompanied you.

The walk was awkward since none of you spoke, until you finally did.

"What's up with you, Oikawa?" You asked, looking at him.

You couldn't really see him, because of the darkness, but you recognized his silhouette and a bit of his face.

"Nothing." He said.

"Don't play that card, and answer me already. The whole week you've been avoiding me." You complained.

"There's nothing to say. Go get your bag." He pointed to a direction, but everywhere were just trees.

"Funny, we didn't arrive yet." You rolled your eyes.

"Huh? The camp should be right-" he stopped himself when he saw that there was nothing but trees.

He sighed out annoyedly and looked around like he was searching something.

"What is it?" You asked.

"We're kinda lost." He sighed again.
____________