Chapter 49

"Let's call it a day." Your teacher said as she closed her book and packed up.

You took out your bento box and were about to leave the classroom, together with Iwaizumi, when you noticed that Hamaguchi wasn't following you.

"Aren't you coming, Hama?" You asked, standing near the door.

"Go without me today, (L/N)-san." She said and looked at her hands.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you coming." You approached her table, but she didn't even look up.

What was wrong with her?

She always had that loving look in her eyes when she talked to you.

"I'm not feeling like eating with the guys today." She murmured.

"Alright, then I'll just stay here with you." You smiled.

"No, (L/N)-san. I want to-"

"Actually, she's eating with me today, (L/N)-san." Suddenly Nakayama interfered.

You looked at Hamaguchi, who still had her eyes glued on her hands.

"Is that true, Hama?" You asked, getting a nod as a response.

"I can tell that something is off. Is she forcing you to eat with her?" Your eyes went from Hamaguchi to Nakayama.

"No, (L/N)-san." She finally looked up, her eyes filled with nothing.

You furrowed your brows, but turned around to face Iwaizumi.

"Alright. You know where to find us." You said and walked out with him.

Sighing out, you walked down the hallway.

"Did you guys fight? She's never acted like that before." Iwaizumi raised his eyebrows.

"We didn't. This is a surprise to me as well."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure she'll get over it soon. She wouldn't miss another chance of eating with you." He smiled at you.

And just like Iwaizumi predicted she was sitting with you again the next day.

"I'm not eating, leave me alone!" Oikawa crossed his arms and pushed his bento box to you.

"Stop behaving like a child and eat it, Oikawa!" You said, forcefully pushing a milk bread into his mouth.

"No!" He tried to turn his head, but your grip was just stronger.

"It's okay to not have over 90% in every test, Oikawa." Iwaizumi rolled his eyes.

"But it's strange that Oikawa only got 81%. Didn't you study?" Matsukawa asked.

"I did. Like ten minutes." Oikawa chewed the food in his mouth.

"And then?" Hanamaki raised his right eyebrow.

"Then I got distracted!"

"By what? Since when do you get distracted when you study?" Iwaizumi asked.

"A- a documentary about volleyball, got it?" He growled and took a bite of his milk bread.

"Right, when it's about volleyball." Iwaizumi added to his previous sentence.

You, who witnessed the situation, just felt guilty that he 'only' got 81%.

Smiling at the boy's conversation, you turned to Hamaguchi.

"How are you feeling? What was wrong yesterday?" You asked.

"Everything is okay, (L/N)-san. I just had something to talk about with her. Nothing too important." She smiled.