Chapter 10

You went back home on Sunday morning and prepared for school the rest of the day.
When you arrived home that day, you didn't really get to see Oikawa afterwards. You weren't complaining though. After waking up in his arms you felt kind of awkward around him.

Monday morning was awkward too. You didn't say anything to him, and he didn't seem to talk either. It went on like that until you met Iwaizumi on your way to school.

"Good morning, Iwaizumi." You smiled at him.

"Good morning, (L/N)." He smiled too.

"What's with you today, Shittykawa? You are being suspiciously quiet this morning." Iwaizumi furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Oikawa.

"There's just nothing to talk about, Iwa-chan."

Iwaizumi widened his eyes, looking at you quickly.

"This is not Oikawa." He said as you were slowly approaching the school.

"He has been quiet since he woke up." You informed him.

"It's less headache for me, so I'm fine with it." You entered the school gates and were immediately pulled aside from Iwaizumi before the fangirls would run you over.

You walked into class, and so a couple of hurtful lessons passed by until you were dismissed for lunchtime.

"Finally." You sighed out as you exited the class.

"That wasn't even that bad." Iwaizumi nudged your shoulder.

"I literally didn't get anything. What was that for a subject again?" You asked.

"History. It was simply History, (L/N)." He chuckled.

"What is there to laugh about?" Oikawa joined as you were walking towards the canteen.

"Oh, nothing."

The three of you sat down as you reached Hanamaki and Matsukawa.

"Okay (N/N), here one question for you-" Hanamaki started.

"The humanity is ending tomorrow. What or who takes over the planet?" Matsukawa added.

"Uh, I don't know. Weird creatures from other univeres?" You answered.

"In other words: aliens!" Oikawa exclaimed.

"I'd say a meteor." Iwaizumi said wisely.

"Makki, tell them what you said." Matsukawa dared him.

"Ants are taking over and controlling the world." He mumbled.

All of you looked at him.

And with such conversations the school day went by.

"Do you believe in aliens?" Oikawa asked you on your way back home.

"He is starting this again." Iwaizumi rolled is eyes.

"Well, I do think that we are not the only creatures existing." You said.

"I know, right! One day they will come to get us!" Oikawa grinned and looked at the sky.

"At least he talked two sentenses." Iwaizumi looked at you.

"To my surprise he didn't give me any headache today." He added.

"I'm right here." Oikawa crossed his arms.

"Whatever, I'll see you guys tomorrow." He waved and turned a corner.

And there it was again: the awkward silence.

No one seemed to be finding a topic to talk about, and you didn't want to start small talk because that would make everything awkwarder.