Chapter 47

The next day, Hamaguchi came over to yours, to study for the upcoming exams.

"Do you want a paper straw for your drink? Drinking with straws always hits different." You smiled and held two straws in the air.

"Yeah, sure." She answered and waited for you to sit down.

You were sitting in the kitchen and were trying to study, but while Hamaguchi was explaing you some stuff, your mind just wandered off.

"I'm sorry Hama, I wasn't listening." You admitted and scratched the back of your head.

"W-what did you just call me?" She suddenly looked away.

"I was thinking that Hamaguchi is way too long to say it everytime, so I went with Hama. Is that okay?" You asked.

"Y-yes, of course. It's okay, if it's you." She mumbled.

"Anyways, what was that again?" You asked about the task you were working on.

Again, she started to explain, but this time a question popped up in your head.

"Say, Hama, who was that person you would have had to confess, if you had lost back then? If not Iwaizumi, who then?" You rested your chin on your palm.

She started to glow red and looked at her hands that were on her lap.

You waited for a few seconds, but she didn't seem to give you an answer anytime soon.

"I don't want to put any pressure on you, so you don't have to answer of course."

"I just thought we could get closer, if we talked about things like this, you know?" You smiled at her.

She looked at you and seemed to relax a little.

"It was- H-hanamaki-san." She whispered, looking into your widened eyes.

"Hanamaki?! You had a crush on Makki? Why not anymore?" You sat straight because of the shock.

You would have thought of Iwaizumi, but not Hanamaki.

"I- I met a new boy in my boxing class."

"A new crush you say? Now that's interesting. Tell me about him." You leaned closer to her.

"N-no! We have to study, (L/N)-san. You still don't get this topic, and I don't want you to fail." She said.

"Aww, you're so cute when you are caring for me." You grinned.

"Alright, let's do this." You added and went back to work.

After half an hour, Oikawa also came back from practice.

"You're still studying?" Oikawa asked, as he leaned against the door frame.

You couldn't help, but stare at him for a little, before answering.

"Uh, yeah. It's only been two hours." You rolled your eyes.

"Mind if I join you? I also have to study." He smiled.

You looked at Hamaguchi who seemed to have no problem.

"Just don't bother us." You said.

He came with his books and took a seat next to you.

Hamaguchi was sitting in front of you.

After she had explained you the task, you were finally able to work on it on your own.

"You'll get wrinkles, if you keep on furrowing your brows at the sheet like that." Oikawa laughed from next to you.

"You'll get wrinkles, if you keep on laughing like that." You looked at him, as he immediately stopped laughing.