Chapter 5

The bet was settled by a handshake.

After a few minutes of break, the children trained for another thirty minutes when Yeager whistled the pipe and told the kids to go on their positions.

"Alright, we have half an hour left to play one set. You know the rules and don't forget to be fair!"

The team captains played rock, scissors, paper and Oikawa's team was the first to serve.

The match ended 25-22 in Oikawa's favor.

"Thank you for today, Oikawa-sensei!" a little girl said and bowed before running to her mother.

"Good work today! We'll see you next week." Yaeger smiled at the children and watched them being picked up from their parents or older siblings.

"Well, I'm leaving the gym to the both of you." Oikawa smiled, walking towards the entrance.

"You still have to wait for me though." you said from behind, making his face drop.

He didn't really benefit from the bet if he had to stay longer anyways.

He let out a sigh.

"You don't know the way back home, do you?" he asked.

"Nope."

"Don't worry, Oikawa. I can also drop her off." Yeager offered.

"Wait, you came by car?" Oikawa asked.

"Yeah, I always do."

"And why aren't you ever dropping me off!?"

"Well, you never asked for it."

"Whatever, I'll be leaving now. Gotta make this bet worth it." He said and walked through the door.

Now it were just you and Yeager.

"You know, you don't really need to clean." He said, starting to dismantle the volleyball post.

"Then I also could have gone home with Oikawa." You started to fold the net.

"Where did you move from?" He suddenly asked you as he carried the post into the storage room.

"Tokyo." You answered, following him into the storage room.

"You moved from Tokyo to Miyagi? Shoudn't it be the other way around?" He put the post away and went back to get the other one.

"Actually yes, but my mother told me that they couldn't find a house in the area where we lived." You stood in the storage room, looking for a mop.

"Sounds like bullshit to me. No house in a city as big as Tokyo?" He said, carrying the second post into the storage room.

"Whatever. I can't change it anyways, so I just gotta accept the fact." you found a mop and started to clean the floor.

"It's not that bad after all, now, is it?" Yeager smiled at you, leaning against the wall in front of you.

"It hasn't even been a week since I'm here, but I guess it's not that bad." You smiled back.

After you were done, he locked the gym and led you to his car.

"How about grabbing a drink before I drop you off?" He asked as you entered the car.

"Uh, sure."

__________

"I'm back." you said loudly as you entered the house.

Your mother and her fiancée were still at work.

You went into the kitchen and warmed the leftover from earlier.

"Finally you're back! I've been waiting for you so we can eat together." He said, slipping onto a chair.

"Why have you been waiting? You were done by six thirty and it's almost eight."

"I don't like eating alone."

You didn't know why, but you felt bad for him because of that. His dad wasn't home much either, so he surely was home alone a lot.

"You should have told me that you were waiting. I wouldn't have taken that long then." You said.

"I actually wanted to text you, but I realized that I didn't have your number." He half smiled.

"Oh!" You said and handed him your phone to type in his number and take yours too.

So the both of you ate together and eventually he decided to wash the dishes.

"How did you like it today? Your first day in Miyagi?" He asked as he washed them. You were still sitting on the chair.

"Well, it was fun. I met so many people! Only that fangirls of yours are kinda creepy."

Oikawa chuckled.

"I'll handle them. They won't hurt you, don't worry."

"Makki and Mattsun are funny, I like them."

"And tomorrow you'll meet the rest of the team. Take care of Yahaba-chan. He's kinda .. flirty."

"Well, you're there to protect me, aren't you?" You giggled and looked at his back, not forgetting how he looked without a shirt.

"Y-yeah!" He stuttered.

Luckily you didn't see the slight blush on his face.

"I'll go upstairs. Goodnight." You got up and walked up.

'Why was I embarrassed about that?' He thought to himself.

Stuttering was so unlike him.
__________