Chapter 20

After a long annoying week, finally Friday arrived. You were sitting your last minutes in class.

"Don't forget to work on the tasks 1-4 in your textbooks. The homework is due to Monday." Your teacher said before she dismissed you. You sighed out heavily and packed your stuff.

"Hey Hamaguchi-san." You called out.

"Do you perhaps want to go to the school's libarary and do the homework?" You asked.

"Sure, but don't you have practice?" She asked quietly, like always.

"Oh you two wanna do homework together in school?" Nakayama joined the conversation.

"Yeah. And no I don't have club today." You said. "Do you wanna join us, Nakayama-san?"

"Uh, I'll have to pass. I have some things to do because of my birthday tomorrow."

"I'll see you tomorrow!" She added and rushed out.

"Let's go." You said and also walked out of the classroom.

"But (L/N)-san, the library is in this way." Hamaguchi pointed at the opposite direction.

"We're going to the gym." You smiled, earning a confused look from her.

"I lied, I just don't want her to come with us just because she would have a chance to watch Oikawa practice. I hope you don't mind waiting until practice ends?"

"Of course." She smiled lightly.

As you arrived at the gym, you informed Oikawa that Hamaguchi was going to stay so you could do homework afterwards.

"Does that mean you are not going to meet Yeager today?" He asked, not failing to grin.

"Oh shit, I forgot to cancel that." You said and quickly pulled your phone out.

Soon after, practice started and you did your duties such as getting towels or taking notes.

___________

"Good job everyone! I'll see you on Monday or Tuesday." Oikawa said as he took his bottle.

As you checked the time you noticed that Yeager replied to your text.

Yeager

I'm sorry, but I have to cancel today :(
I'm going to stay longer at the school's
library to do homework after practice

Oh, it's alright.
School is important after all.
We can settle for another day.

Yeah!
Thank you for your understanding.

You walked out of the gym and went to the library with Hamaguchi.

"We have to do Maths, Chemistry and History, right?" You asked as you took out your books.

"And English." She pushed her glasses up with her middle finger.

You growled but eventually started doing the four tasks in Maths first.

"Hamaguchi-san, how long have you and Nakayama-san been friends?" You asked while doing your homework.

"I transferred here in second grade, that's how long we have been friends." She said.

"Did you befriend right away?"

"No, every time she would come and talk to me, I ignored her. She's a very loud person, and I usually don't like such people, but she kept bothering me so I just talked a few sentences with her. Then she started to sit with me in lunchtime and so it all happened."