Chapter 16

"Hey, (L/N)-san, wanna hang out with us in lunchtime today?" Nakayama asked you as you were getting ready to leave for lunch.

You looked over to Iwaizumi who nodded.

"Sure."

Making new friends wouldn't be bad, right? Just in case if you needed them to do something, someday.

Just as you were about to step out of your class, Oikawa wanted to step in, making you run into each other.

"Can't you see where you're going?" You asked and rubbed your forehead.

"Sorry, (Y/N)-chan. You're just too short for me to notice you." He chuckled.

"H-hey! Get out of my way already."

"Aren't you waiting for Iwa-chan?"

"I'm gonna sit with Nakayama-san and
Hamaguchi-san."

"Oh, you decided to make new friends?"

"There is someone who wants to talk to you." You ignored his question and pointed at the girl behind him, rolling your eyes.

He turned around and was now distracted so you could walk out finally.

"Why don't we ask Oikawa-san to sit with us?" Nakayama asked as you were walking towards the canteen.

"I spend almost every minute of my day with him, a little time without him will be just fine. Also I think Hamaguchi-san would be uncomfortable with it, right?" You looked at Hamaguchi who nodded her head shyly.

"Well, if you say so. He's your brother after all." Nakayama sighed.

During lunchtime, the only thing Nakayama talked about was the parties she was at and how drunk she got. Not to forget all her boyfriends and hook ups. You could clearly see how uncomfortable Hamaguchi was with that conversation.

"And you, Hamaguchi? Have you ever been at one of those?" You asked her.

"Yeah." She said quietly.

"She always dragged me along." She added.

You looked at Nakayama who was laughing.

"What? She needs to socialize a little more!"

"I'm fine with the way things are right now." Hamaguchi murmured.

"Just wait for my birthday. I know the perfect guy for you!" Nakayama smiled widely.

___________

Another week past by and soon enough it was Saturday already. You were in your room, trying to paint again, when suddenly Oikawa came in.

"(Y/N)-chan! Let's go grab ice cream!"

"Dude, why can't anyone knock here in this house?" You said and put your brush aside.

"C'mon, Iwa-chan is busy, so let's go out together. We rarely do anything together. We're just going to school and back home. The only times I see you at home is when we eat together." He pouted.

You sighed out loudly. You also watched TV together, but that didn't seem to count.

"Fine, let's go." You smiled and pushed him out of your room so you could change.

You left the house and made your way downtown. He showed you some places he went with his team and told you lots more about them.

After grabbing ice cream you went to a less crowded place and sat at a bench that was standing somewhere.

You checked your phone and answered some messages in the group chat with your old friends.

"Are you friends with Nakayama-chan?" Oikawa suddenly asked, licking his ice cream.

"Uh, I guess? Why?" You looked at him.

"Hm, I heard that she is not a very good person, but I guess it's up to you who you befriend with."

"I think you're talking about all those parties and all, right?" You asked and he nodded.

"Not only. I experienced it myself." He smiled.

"Uh, what?" You furrowed your brows.

"You know that one house party? She was one of the girls I hooked up with." He simply said.

"I guess you're just the same as her." You smiled, making his eyes go wide.

"At least I changed!"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." You giggled.

"Just wait for her 18th birthday. I'm sure she's gonna go wild." He sighed.

"She talked about her birthday on Monday, when is it?" You asked him.

"In about two weeks, I guess." He answered.

"You must know her very well, huh?" You smirked.

"It's not what it may sound like, (Y/N)-chan! I'm not into that kind of girls."

"Oh, what kind of girls attract the, what did that little energy ball from Tuesday call you again, Grand King?"

"You may also call me Oikawa The Great, but I like girls who .." he thought for a little.

"Who are interested in sports. She should support me in what I love, you know? Girls who also get along with kids. I want her to get along with Takeru, but not too good. She should be shorter than me and cute when I'm around her. I want her to be tough and cold towards others but when she's with me she should show her cute side. I don't want other boys to think of how cute she is."

"Wow, I wasn't truly interested in what type you like, but you took it hella serious." You blinked, making him frown.

"(Y/N)-channnn, I poured my heart and this is all you got to say?" He pouted.

You nodded.

"What's your type?" He asked you.

You thought for a moment.

You thought back to Kuroo and smiled.

"He should be smart and tall. Assertive to handle my stubbornness and flirty to make me fluster a little. I want him to have comforting words and-" You stopped. You couldn't say more.

"Whatever, that's it." You said and ate the last bit of your ice cream.

You took it too serious as well.

"Let's head back, huh?" You stood up.

"Mhm." Oikawa also stood up.

'Looks like you still have that certain someone in your mind, (Y/N)-chan.'
__________