Chapter 9

"What happened to the both of you?!" Your mother asked, running up to you with a blanket.

"Oikawa threw me into a lake." You said, panting because you were running a few seconds ago.

"And then you jumped after her or what?" Your mother raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah." Oikawa smiled.

"You are one of a kind." she shook her head and chuckled.

"Wait, do you perhaps know if you can fish in the lake?" Oikawa's dad asked you two.

"Yeah. (Y/N)-chan and I agreed that the last one to reach the camp has to fish. So no worries dad, she will do it for you." Oikawa giggled.

"You knew there were fish in the lake but still threw me in?! Disgusting!" You shivered in disgust.

"Alright you two, go change before you get sick." Your mother said.

You saw your tent was built up already, so you just took your bag pack and went inside. In that time, Oikawa changed in the tent of your parents.

You checked the time, seeing that it was 6:33PM already.

"You don't really have to go fishing. I prepared food at home." Your motehr said and held a few bento boxes in her hands.

"The fun in camping is mostly the fishing!" Oikawa's dad said, holding two fishing poles in his hands.

"Wanna come with me?" he looked at the three of you.

"I'll prepare the fire while you are out for fishing." Your mother said.

"And I'll stay with her, just in case." Oikawa said, crossing his arms.

Tokuji's eyes were now on you.

"I've lost the race so I guess I'm gonna go with you." You smiled.

You led him to the lake from earlier and he showed you everything about fishing. It was your first time fishing, but you still managed to fish the bigger fish. It was also a funny experience because some of the fish you catched slapped your face and jumped back into the lake.

Fishing took you about an hour, so you went back when the sun was slowly setting. The colours of orange and yellow covered the sky as you were walking back to the camp with each of you holding one bucket in your hand.

Your mother prepared the fish and held them into the fire as the rest of you were eating sandwiches already.

"I hope you had fun, (Y/N)-chan." Tokuji smiled at you.

"I really had. It was entertaining." You smiled back.

After eating, you all still sat by the fire and talked about some things. Tokuji mostly told cute and embarrassing stories about Oikawa's childhood while Oikawa just covered his red face.

Your mother also distributed sticks and marshmallows. For the first time after a while you finally felt comfortable again.

"Alright guys, I'm going to sleep now." You mother stood up, followed by her fiancée.

"You shoudn't stay up too late." She said before walking off with him.

Their tent was kind of far away from yours. It was kind of obvious what they were going to do next.

"They are-"

"Stop talking right now." You cut him off, well knowing what he was going to say.

After finishing your marshmallows, you put out the fire and also went into your tent.

"Here isn't even much room." You said as you sat down on your sleepingbag. Your flash light of your phone lightened the tent up.

"Means we have to cuddle, (Y/N)-chan." Oikawa smiled at you.

You ignored his comment and lied down, feeling the soft sleepingbag underneath you.

After a time of silence Oikawa spoke up again.

"Uhm (Y/N)-chan, aren't you going to turn off the flash light?" He asked as he faced your back.

Right, the light. Could you sleep without light?

No.

You were scared of the dark and on top of that you were in a forest right now.

"It's better this way." You said.

"But I can't sleep this way. It's way too bright and I didn't take my sleeping mask with me."

"Deal with it. We can't turn this light off. We will be attacked if we do."

"This is literally a camping spot, (Y/N)-chan. Such animals aren't even here."

"Still, we cannot turn this light off."

"I have a question, but you have to answer it truthfully, okay?" he asked, making you nod.

"Are you perhaps scared of the dark?" You could hear his smile.

You didn't answer.

"I'll take it as a 'yes'." He said and you felt how he shifted closer to you.

"What are y-" You started but cut yourself off when you felt his arms around you.

"You don't have to be scared when I'm with you,
(Y/N)-chan." He whispered into your ear.

"Turn off the light now, will you?" He asked softly as he pulled your back closer to his chest.

"Uhm, okay." You said, doing what you were told.

He sighed out and made himself comfortable by putting his face into the crock of your neck.

"How was today?" He asked you as he tightened his grip on you.

"It was fun after what happened by the lake. I had lots of fun." You said, feeling your eyelids slowly fall, even-though you felt pure nervousness running through your body.

"I'm glad you enjoyed today." He whispered.

You felt so comfortable in his arms that you easily fell asleep.

"I told you I'd make you forget about them today." he whispered again and fell asleep later on.
___________