Ch.22 - A Little Acquaintenance

3rd Pov

Nightfall came around as Shido watched the news about how the town has been taken over by some unknown hallucinogenic. It was creepy watching people parade through the streets like zombies carrying pink glow sticks. Almost sickening really. Y/n and i took shelter within a building still under construction.

Y/n Pov

I felt the need to sleep a little, for both the emotive and physical pressure i'm going onto. Kind of, actually : normally i'd freak out, but given all my lovely friends, i feel safe with them even when they aren't around. I just hope they're okay...they were all on the Fraxinus checking out what might have happened any moment, of course allowing them to go to sleep if any of them ever felt the need to.

Y/n : *yawns* "I might need some sleep, wake me up in a bit, okay?"

Shido. "Uhh, okay?"

Y/n snuggled his body on itself in circle.

Shido Pov

I looked at Y/n as he normally fell asleep. He must have hold back quite a lot of pressures when he was pretending to be a girl to the eyes of everyone out of his friends even if he kept his normal appearence and voice all the time.

??? : "Fufufufu~"

Y/n licked his lips in sleep.

Y/n : "Hahaah, i'm over here..."

The laugh was seductive but sinister at the same. Shido then took a glance at Y/n and noticed that there was a shadow to his side.Before Shido knew it, a full body figure appeared to the black dragonfish on her knees as she hugged leaned to it. Steampunk-like red and black frilly dress smooth pale skin, hair in twin pigtails and one red eye and another golden one in the form of a clock. It was Kurumi.

Kurumi: "What's up Shido, you look like someone just walked over your grave. How's it going?"

Shido: "Kurumi?! What're you doing here?"

Kurumi : "Oh, nothing much, i was just checking on my friend and lover right here. Just look at him."

Kurumi started the petting the creature as the latter then remembered : it was just like he felt it the first time.

Y/n : *in sleep* "I just love this feeling..."

Kurumi: "Yoshino and the Yamai sisters have been controlled by a brand new Spirit, and Tohka being captured by DEM. It seems my darling here can't catch a break. Always spending his energies to protect those he loves."

Shido : "Uhh, you're not being controlled by Miku, aren't you?"

Kurumi : "No but, curious of you to ask : it's so funny that you think i'd be swayed by that supposed Diva's level of supposive performance."

Y/n chuckled in sleep.

Y/n : "Neheheheeh, suck it Diva snobbitch...~"

Shido: "Hey Kurumi, i have a favor to ask. Please lend me your strenght and help me save Tohka."

Y/n : *yawn* "Humm, so this new is...?"

Y/n noticed Kurumi as he instantly turned back human-like and hugged Kurumi tight, a bit to her surprise.

Y/n : "I'm here my love. I won't let anyone even touch you!"

Kurumi gently rubbed Y/n's back.

Kurumi : "Like your dragon other friend too, you're indeed so fierce in battle yet also so cute when you're asleep and wake up~"

Y/n : "And i love how you keep yourself mysterious all the time~"

Kurumi : "Well anyway, Shido? Seems your lucky day."