23: Special smile

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The environment was again very silent and awkward. After what happened in the morning was still bugging the blue-haired. He was feeling ashamed, embarrassed, and even angry about his stupid action of hugging and crying his eyes out in the embrace of the mafia leader. He wanted to turn back the time and detach himself away from the other. It wasn't like he hated that, but the thing he hated was that he couldn't hate the other anymore.

Complicated? That's what he was thinking too. Everything was getting totally complicated for him. The fact that he was kind of getting used to the other's company and soft behavior, was tugging on his heart and was alarming as well. He should hate the other for killing many innocent people for nothing or maybe for money.? But he just can't anymore, and he was hating that feeling.

"You get that?" John said after completing the long speech about how to do his work.

Taehyung blinked his eyes dumbfounded but nodded afterward, rubbing over the little bandage on his temple. "Y- yeah. Thank you, John."

"Mention not. You start it, still, if you find anything complex, call me." Taehyung nodded his head again and took the laptop to place over his lap and once John left the room, he sighed and rubbed his both hands, cracking his knuckles afterward, making himself ready for the long typing.

"Let's get it." He mumbled and opened the files that John gave him to make a presentation. He opened the file and started reading the content with eagerness, with the hope to find something useful in the papers. He hummed as he continued reading the amounts, benefits, conditions, and terms of the project. His jaw dropped in shock and surprise when he saw the number of zeroes in the amount of the project.

"Jeez! That's too much!" He screeched and heard a loud shrill beep from his earpiece.

"Ahhh!!!" A shriek left his lips at the hurting noise, but soon his wide-eyed looked around to find himself save within the walls of his room.

"Oh, I can hear him now. Finally ~" Baekhyun cried out in relief from the other side while Taehyung had his hand over his chest.

"You scared the hell out of me!" He whisper yelled but the other was too busy crying happily on the other side to even hear him out, causing him to roll his eyes.

"Now shoo away, let me ask him about the whole day and last night. You better make your computer more efficient so that it won't break down again." Jin hissed and Taehyung then realized the reason for the eerie silence from the other side for such a long time.

"The system was broken?" He mumbled, now sitting more comfortably.

"Yeah, sorry for that Taehyung. It was so sudden and took too long, I swear, they didn't even let me blink for the whole night." Baekhyun fake whined, explaining his misery about the past hours.

Taehyung closed his eyes, clenching his fists and jaw. Reminding himself, how he was calling for others when he was in the most need, but found none.

"He just give me some files to make a presentation, considering me an employee of his company. The file contains just the details of the project which is a simple construction project of a building near the beach side. Nothing useful is mentioned here so far. If I'm gonna find anything, will let you know. Now please, let me work and turn off your mic." Taehyung stated calmly, trying to control the bubbling anger in his body, the frustration making him do so.