50: Last mission

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

In the morning, Taehyung couldn't remember much of what happened at midnight or say, early morning. He just remembered waking up and Jungkook trying to calm him down. Another thing was clear, and that was his dull headache.

Jungkook was in the dining room, John informed him that but when he was about to leave the room, a voice stopped him.

"Tae? Are you alone? If not, then just hum."

It was Namjoon and his tone sounded very serious and sort of anxious.

"I'm alone."

"Good. Jin must have told you about the meeting that was held yesterday. They gave us a command regarding this case." Namjoon started calmly this time but Taehyung felt his heartbeat quickened on the words.

"W- what command?" He asked in a low and nervous voice. Namjoon sighed and a little shuffling was heard in the background.

"They want you to leave the mansion today or tomorrow. Don't let him doubt you yet. So, you can just ask to go to your Hyung's cafe. We will pick you up from there and later the forces will take action to arrest him."

Taehyung bit his lips harshly when the words bombarded him, his mind went blank for a moment until he heard the other calling his name.

"Taehyung?! Can you hear me?" On the rather loud voice, said boy hissed in pain.

"Yeah. I- I heard that."

"Oh. Then? Don't ask your hyung, just go there as soon as possible. We want to end this all. We want to see you free of this mess again. You did so well till now Taehyung." The officer encouraged him but all the words were flying over his head, his mind was stuck on the one word 'arrest him'.

"So?" After a bit of silence, Namjoon again inquired for the final answer.

"I- I'll ask." Taehyung replied unsure and left the room to go to the dining room.

On the way, he glanced over the big picture of Yeonjun, and his head throbbed more at the sight. Shaking his head, he walked to the destination and sat on the chair with a frown on his face.

"Are you ok?" Jungkook's soft and soothing voice made him look up and he felt his breath hitched. Other was looking at him with full concern and care, the one he was longing for, for years.

"Yeah. Just- just feeling down." Unsure, Jungkook nodded his head and gestured for John to serve the breakfast.

Taehyung was occasionally rubbing his temple due to his headache and the raven-haired noticed that. "Take the pills after breakfast if your head is again hurting." Taehyung nodded lightly and grabbed a piece of apple with the fork.

I've to do it. I need to do it.

He tried to make himself ready for what he had to say but deep down, he felt like a coward, finding the words stuck somewhere in his throat.

"Baby? What's wrong? You aren't eating." Taehyung felt like crying when a warm hand was placed over his hand. The warmth felt so perfect and craving, once again surging a blanket of peace over his soul which was short-lived. 

Don't Tae! You need to leave this place. You aren't bound to stay here. Do this, you need to do this.

"Can I.. can I-" Words again stuck in his throat. Simple words seemed very heavy to leave his mouth, his tongue felt dry and so did his throat. Feeling his distress, Jungkook squeezed his hand softly.