59: Old files

Ignore mistakes please

Third person P.O.V

Taehyung kept standing there with the paper tightly clutched in his left hand. He was feeling so stupid for remaining silent as the other went away just like that?

He gulped thickly and tried to move to the door but felt his legs numb. A chuckle of sorrow left his lightly swollen lips, his knees gave up and he fell to the floor only to grab his hair tightly.

Everything ended so abruptly, giving him no chance to say out his own feelings. Life was always cruel to him at such points.

"Hey! What are you doing Tae? You ok?" Baekhyun marched inside the room to only witness the other kneeling in a very vulnerable state.

Taehyung moved his head up when he felt two hands over his shoulders, helping him to stand up.

"Why are you crying Tae?" Baekhyun softly asked after he managed to make him sit on the nearby chair. How stupid of him to ask the question when he was hundred percent sure of the answer.

Taehyung just shook his head, of course, not ready to spill his bottled-up feelings in front of those who actually messed up his heart.

Baekhyun sadly sighed at the response and simply hugged the other. He knew, the other was in dire need of some comfort and he just wanted to lessen his own guilt of ruining the other's innocent heart.

It didn't take long before Jimin was called by the other officers to take Taehyung back, who came soon and silently get a grip on Taehyung's arm to guide him out to the car.

The whole drive was silent as Taehyung kept staring into the void, too tired to even cry like a child. The moment they entered the same house, Taehyung dragged his feet to the room where he woke up yesterday night and shut the door close.

He chuckled bitterly as only Jungkook's face was roaming in his mind. His unique smile (too unique to witness easily), his gentle gestures, and his soft voice. His heart was hurting so badly for many reasons but the two were killing him gradually.

One, he was still feeling himself guilty for pushing the other into the hands of the law when he never deserved that.

Second, he never gets the chance to prove the other wrong with the words that he never liked him. Oh dear, only if he had some idea when he fell for him?

He slumped on the bed heavily, fist getting tighter over the paper and then he realized that he had something left with him.

What's that? A letter to tell me how horrible I was?

He again chuckled at his thoughts and finally opened the paper that was already so much crumpled.

My only Dear one,

I'm writing this while waiting for you to come, they gave me a short time to write though. I know, it must be very awkward for you all the time I was trying to pester myself over you. As I told you before, I did fall for you gradually and fell harder.

I won't lie, but it did hurt a lot when I get to know about your real reason behind staying with me. I trusted you but then I realized, it wasn't your fault actually.

A sob left his lips, and a few tears dropped on the paper to smudge the writing.

I'm sorry, I tried my best to show you my love but without knowing about your feelings. I'm sorry, that I was being selfish and used you to get the cops to end this whole case. I'm sorry bubs...