104

Colby's POV

I watched as Sam coaxed Violet out of the car, even though he told me to go inside. I couldn't. I couldn't let her drive away or even sit in that car anymore.

I was standing too far back for me to hear what Sam was saying but I could see Ki walking around the car so she could get the keys out of the ignition.

I let out a deep breath as Kat walked over to me. "Go inside. I'm gonna bring her to my place, just take a step back." She said as I nodded. I didn't want to listen to her but I knew she was right. I knew that I had some explaining to do and I knew it was going to take time.

I just needed to get her back.

I went inside, feeling my heart cracking in my chest as I walked. I tried to just go upstairs and avoid the party that was raging on around us.

A couple people stopped me to talk and I would humor them for a minute then would break away. I just wanted to be alone.

When I got to my room I went to the bed and sat down, not knowing how to handle the aching in my chest. It didn't feel like it would be going away any time soon.

I sat there in silence for a couple minutes before the door opened. Sam looked at me with sad eyes as I stood up. "Is she safe?" I asked as he closed the door and came to sit next to me. "Yeah. Kat's gonna take care of her. What happened, dude? Did you really think Jordan was Vi? Don't lie to me." He said as I nodded.

"I genuinely thought it was her. I would never hurt her on purpose, Sam. This is killing me." I said as he nodded. "I know you wouldn't, but she's hurting really bad. I don't want to see you two break up like this. It's clearly and misunderstanding but trust isn't going to be easy to rebuild." Sam said as I nodded.

"I know. I'm willing to do whatever though." I said as he clapped his hand on my back. "Just give her some time. Violet is pretty level headed, she's gonna wanna hear you out at some point. You just have to give her space until then. Can you do that?" Sam asked as I sighed.

"I'm gonna try. I don't know if I can though dude. I can't live with myself knowing I did this to her." I said as he nodded. "I know man. You didn't mean to do it though. I don't know how fixable this is but if you love her, fight for her." He said as I closed my eyes.

"I will." I said as he stood up. "Good. Get some rest. Love you, man." He said then turned and smiled at me slightly. "Love you too." I said as he turned and left the room.

I got up and went to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. When I looked in the mirror I flinched at how much of a mess I looked.

My eyes were bloodshot and my hair was going in 15 different directions. I honestly still looked drunk as hell but I didn't feel anything but sadness pooling in my chest.

I deserved it.

Once I was done brushing my teeth I went to get in bed. I couldn't even imagine trying to sleep right now so I just went on my phone. I texted Kat asking her to call me as soon as she could, then I texted Violet.

I know I was supposed to be giving her some space but I couldn't let her think that I didn't love her still. Even if she didn't believe it or love me back, I had to tell her.

I sent the text then went to Twitter. I scrolled for a couple minutes before my phone started ringing. "Hello?" I answered frantically as Kat sighed. "What's going on?" She said quietly as Violet's cries sounded in the background.

"I just wanted to make sure she got there safely." I said as she sighed. "She did. I'm gonna postmates her some medicine. We're taking care of her." She said as I ruffled my hair. "Thanks Kat." I said as she breathed a laugh.