79

A couple more days have passed and I was still feeling like straight ass. I was finally able to get the neck brace off though which was the best feeling I've ever felt in my life.

I finally convinced Colby that he could go home and sleep since I knew he was having a hard time sleeping on the couch. It warmed my heart that he was sweet enough to sleep on a rock hard couch for almost two weeks just so I wouldn't be alone.

"Violettttt." Sophia sang as she came into my room. "Yes?" I asked as I colored in the coloring book Colby got me. "How would you feel...about going home today?" She asked as a giant smile bloomed on my face.

"Really?" I asked with excitement as she nodded. "Yep, you'll need to obviously stay in bed for the most part but I think you're strong enough to go home today." Sophia explained as my eyes watered.

I couldn't help but feel a little emotional that I was getting to go home. I missed my mountain canvas. I missed my bed. I missed everything about not being in the hospital.

"Is Colby free to pick you up?" Sophia asked as I nodded slowly. "Yeah, he's probably on his way now honestly." I said then looked at the clock. He usually showed up around 10am which was monumental because that boy loves sleeping in.

"Perfect, I'll get your paperwork done then you'll be free to go." She said as I smiled widely. "Thank you! When can you expect me back at work?" I asked as she rolled her eyes. "You're such a workaholic. Let's get that heart to be a little stronger, then we can talk about you coming back." She said with a smile as I nodded.

"I'll be back better than ever. I promise." I said as she pat my leg. "I know you will." She said then turned to leave as the door opened, revealing Colby.

"Hey, baby." I said and opened my arms to him. "Someone's in a good mood today." He said then gave me a hug. "Guess what." I said as he pulled away then grabbed my cheeks and kissed me.

"What?" Colby asked as soon as he pulled away. "I get to go home today." I said with a smile as he grinned widely. "No shit?" He asked as I shook my head. "No shit." I said as he kissed me again. I melted into his kiss, lacing my fingers through his hair as he moaned into my mouth.

I giggled then pulled away, putting my hand on his chest. "Still recovering, babe." I said as he nodded. "I know, I just can't help myself sometimes." He said then looked down at the coloring book in my lap.

"You know you're supposed to color in the lines right?" He asked as I laughed. It was one of those adult coloring books that had a million lines on it. I started by taking my time and coloring each space perfectly but then got bored and started coloring all over the lines.

"I'm fucking bored, man. Coloring in the lines is boring." I huffed as he chuckled. "I understand. I don't even imagine how you're feeling." He said as I shrugged.

"Right now I'm happy because I get to go home. I wish I could adventure a little more but I miss my bed." I said as Sophia came back in with the paperwork for me to fill out.

"Well when you recover we can go on plenty of adventures." Colby said as I Sophia smiled sympathetically at me. "Just don't rush the process, okay V?" Sophia asked as I nodded. "I won't, no matter how badly I want to." I said with a sigh as I started filling out the paperwork.

Colby texted the guys, telling them I was coming home today. It was adorable how excited he was about me coming home.

Once I finished the paperwork I looked over at Colby, "Go get the car, baby. I'm going home!" I said excitedly as I brought my hands to my cheeks. My chest was still hurting a lot but I had almost gotten used to the pain, except for when I would move too fast. Then it hurt a lot.