23

"Violet, I'm so so sorry." Daisy said as we went into our room to get changed. "Save it. I know you're just feeling guilty but the damage is done. Your apologies mean nothing." I said and sorted through my clothes trying to find something warm that would fit over my cast.

"I'm really happy for you, Violet. I know I was acting like an asshole..I just...I wanted it to be me." She said as I dropped the shirt that was in my hand.

"What do you mean?" I asked and turned towards her. "I wanted to be the one with the Wattpad ending." She said as my face scrunched with confusion, "what the fuck is a Wattpad?" I asked as she rolled her eyes with a laugh.

"It's a site where people write fanfictions and stuff. You're literally living in a fanfiction right now." She said as I laughed. "That's ridiculous." I said then tried to put a sweatshirt on but the sleeve wouldn't fit over my cast.

I would just have to borrow Colby's. Daisy would have to get over it.

"No! Think about it. You win a trip to explore with the boys and Colby Brock literally falls in love with you after only a day? That's like...unreal." She said as I pulled the sweatshirt off and put my sweater on again.

"We aren't in love Dais. If it makes you feel any better, whatever we have going on isn't going to last. One or both of us are going to end up hurt by this." I said as she frowned. "That doesn't make me happy." She said as I shrugged.

"I thought it would make you ecstatic. You love seeing me hurting." I said coldly as I slid on some sweatpants. "I don't. I know I've been acting like a child but..I'm sorry. I was being selfish and stupid and you don't deserve to be treated like that. I'm sorry." She said as I sighed, closing my suitcase again.

"I forgive you. I promise I didn't plan for this to happen. I was hoping he would fall for you honestly. I just wanted you to be happy." I said as she chewed on her lip. "I'm not meant to be happy I guess." She said as her eyes started to water.

"Dais...."I whispered then ran to hug her. "You're meant to be happy but you can't keep acting like the world revolves around you. It doesn't. It doesn't revolve around anyone! We are all human with human feelings, you're allowed to be upset because I'm breaking 'girl code' but yelling at me for feeling a certain way isn't going to work." I said as she nodded, crying into my shoulder.

"I know, Vi. I was being dumb...please forgive me." She said as I nodded, combing my hand through her hair. "I forgive you. Now come on, let's get drunk!" I said then took her hand and ran out of the room.

Daisy breathed a laugh and followed me as I dragged her to the guys' room and knocked on the door. "Hey!" Sam said as he opened the door.

"You guys started without us?" I asked with a frown as Colby opened his arms for me to come sit on his lap. "Sorry, I needed to calm my nerves." Colby said then kissed my cheek. "Your nerves? Why are you nervous?" I asked with a laugh as Sam handed me a grapefruit whiteclaw.

"I always get nervous talking to pretty girls." Colby said as I blushed and rolled my eyes. "You're a dork. Also can I borrow one of your sweatshirts?" I asked as he grinned "yeah, after you take a sip of your whiteclaw." He said as I struggled to pop the tab because of my bulky ass cast.

"Here, let me help. He said and took the can out of my hand only to replace it with his so he could pop the tab for me. "Thank you." I said as he handed it back to me so I could take a sip.

"These are GOOD holy shit." I said then stood up so he could go grab me a sweatshirt. "So what's the verdict, V?" Sam asked as he put on some music. "It's good, I'll take about 6 more please." I said with a laugh as Colby handed me a sweatshirt.

"Thanks." I said quietly then walked to the bathroom to change. When I was in there I noticed a hair straightener causing me to laugh slightly. These boys put more effort in than I ever did.

I pulled the sweatshirt over my head then walked back out. "I don't like being lied to you know." I said to Colby as I sat beside him.

"What?" He asked as I raised my casted hand to his hair, so I could run my fingers through it. "Your hair is curly, isn't it?" I asked as he nodded. "Yeah I don't really like it though." He said as I frowned. "I wanna see it." I said as he grinned. "Oh you'll see it one day." He said then winked at me before slinging his arm around my shoulders.

We hung out for a while, slowly getting drunk. It felt good to let loose and have fun because I haven't done that in forever.

"Dude, did you upload your video?" Sam asked as Colby groaned. "Fuuuuck. Hold on." He said then pulled out his laptop so he could upload the video.

I looked around to see the others on their phones so I took the time to go on mine. I, of course, had a text from Jarrod.

Jarrod: Do you have a boyfriend?

Violet: What?

I felt my heart racing as he sent a picture of Colby with his arm around me.

Violet: Where did you get that?

Jarrod: Daisy's story.

"Holy shit! Daisy! Delete your story!" I said and clapped my hand over my mouth. "What!? Why?!" she asked in a panic as she looked up at me.

"People can't know about this!" I exclaimed and gestured between Colby and I. "You're not on my?? Oh my god..shit..okay it's deleted." She said as I looked at Colby in a panic.

"It's okay, Vi. Fans don't follow my personal account. Only friends do." She said as I breathed a sigh of relief. I wasn't ready for the backlash that is apparently being around Colby.

"None of the fans have said anything yet, so I think we're fine. We're good." Colby said and wrapped his arm around me, pulling me into his chest.

"Thank God. I'm not ready for that yet." I said then nuzzled into his chest for a second. As soon as we pulled away I grabbed another whiteclaw then handed it to Colby so he could open it for me.

"I lost my buzz." I said then downed half the can. "Me too." Colby said then grabbed a can for himself as he uploaded his video.

Once Colby uploaded his video he looked around. "Alright, who wants to watch a scary movie?" Colby suggested as he laid down, pulling me down with him.

"Oh! Me!" Daisy exclaimed which made me laugh, she's always been obsessed with scary movies. "Pick a movie, any movie." Sam said and handed her the remote.

I was happy she was being more like herself now and that she was actually living up to her apology. I could tell the guys were even warming up to her now which is all I could ask for.

"Silence of the lambs." She decided then turned it on as I cuddled into Colby's chest. "I like this." He said quietly then kissed my head. "I do too." I said then looked up at him.

I didn't want this week to end. I didn't want to go back to my normal life where I worked myself to death just to make ends meet. I didn't want to go back to feeling so alone and like I wasn't allowed to be happy.

I wanted to stay in this moment forever, wrapped up in Colby's arms, wearing his sweatshirt feeling swimmy in the head from the acohol.

I didn't know how that was possible. My whole life was in Colorado, plus living in LA was twice as expensive. I would never be able to make it work.

"What are you thinking about?" Colby mumbled as I played with the strong of his hoodie. "Nothing." I whispered then looked up at him. He frowned slightly then brought his hand to my hair, lacing his fingers through it.

I was just so happy.

We needed to make this work.