9

"Sorry." I said then wiped my cheeks as I tried to push passed him. "Woah! Wait. Are you okay?" He asked as he came running after me. "I'm fine, don't worry about it." I said and bundled my sleeves in my hands as I made my way to the front door of the hotel.

"I'm not gonna leave you when you're crying like this, you know that right?" Colby asked as he jogged up to walk with me. "You don't even know me." I said and wiped my nose with my sleeve. "No, maybe not but you don't seem like the type of person who cries about any little thing." He said as we walked down the street.

The hotel just so happened to be right next to a little park with a playground on it, so that's where I was headed.

"It's nothing. I'm just tired." I said as he chuckled, "Right, and Daisy totally didn't do anything to make you upset." Colby said sarcastically as I scrunched my brow at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked then sat on one of the swings, wiping away the residual tears that were on my cheeks.

"I mean she was clearly mad at you about something." He said with a shrug as he opened his bag of chips. I contemplated telling him about everything but Daisy's voice filled my head.

"God, you're so selfish sometimes!"

"You know I like I'm, Vi! Girl code!"

I shook my head, "I shouldn't be here with you." I mumbled then stood up and walked away from him again, "Woah! Violet wait!" Colby said then got up and followed me.

"Look. I know you're supposed to be all nice and stuff because I'm a fan and you need to keep your image of being a nice guy alive but just leave me alone." I said and turned to face him as he breathed a small laugh.

"Is that what you think of me?" He asked as I let out a breath.

I didn't.

I thought he was a really cool guy who genuinely had a good soul, but I had to make him not want to be around me.

I had to do this for Daisy.

"Yeah. It is." I said then turned around and kept walking. "Well I'm not like that." He said, still following me. "That's good. I still want you to leave me alone, though." I said as he sighed. "Alright. At least let me walk you back to the hotel." He said quietly as I nodded and turned around.

He seemed genuinely upset that I was being so mean, but after this week we would never see eachother again. I had to choose Daisy in this situation, even if her actions were uncalled for.

We silently walked back to the hotel, but I made sure I kept a distance between us in case Daisy happened to see us. I would never hear the end of it if she did.

"Thanks for walking me. I'll see you tomorrow I guess." I said and turned to Colby when we got to our floor. "No problem...and Violet?" He asked as he  scratched the back of his head. "Yeah?" I asked keeping my eyes locked on Colby's blue eyes.

"Whatever she told you isn't true." He said quietly as I nodded, "See you tomorrow." I said then turned towards my room and opened the door.

"Violet, I'm so sorry. I overreacted. I kn-" Daisy started as soon as I closed the door. "Save it. It's fine. I'm gonna take a shower." I said then grabbed my pajamas and walked towards the bathroom.

When I got to the bathroom I looked in the mirror. I looked exhausted and my cheeks were still flushed from crying. I honestly looked like a mess, but I didn't really care. Who was I trying to impress.

I quickly showered and got ready for bed, then walked back into the bedroom. "V, I'm really sorry." Daisy said as I climbed into bed. "I know." I said, bringing the covers up to my chin.