111

Colby's POV

"Hey, brother. What are you doing?" Sam asked as he came into my room. "Editing." I said simply as I focused on the screen. "Reggie isn't doing it this week?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I wanted to get my mind off of everything. I need to focus on something else right now." I said then heard him sigh.

"I'm worried about you man...ever since yesterday you've been acting weird." He said as I closed my eyes and clenched my jaw. "I'm fine." I lied then focused on what I was doing again.

"No you're not." He said causing me to groaned and push my computer away. "So what if I'm not?! The love of my life fucking hates me because my stupid ex girlfriend is weirdly obsessed with me!" I yelled causing him to flinch.

"She doesn't hate you." He said as I clenched my jaw. "She called yesterday." I said then finally looked at him. "What happened?" He asked then sat down. "She sounded so upset. She told me she loved me and that it was gonna take a long time to get over what happened." I said as he nodded.

"That's a good thing though, that she loves you." He said as I shook my head. "Yeah, until she basically said she regretted calling then hung up on me." I said then scrubbed my face with my hands.

"I'm so worried about her, Sam." I said and closed my eyes. "I know you are. Did you want me to call her? She might answer me." Sam said.

"Yeah, just to make sure she's okay. She sounded so sad dude...so fucking sad." I said remembering the pain in her voice. "Let me try her." Sam said then pulled his phone out.

He put his phone up to his ear for a second only to bring it back down. "Her phone is off." He said causing my heart to race.

"Shit." I groaned then ran my fingers through my hair, feeling the anxiety settle in my chest. "I'm sure she's fine dude, she probably just turned her phone off to unplug. I'll try again later, okay?" He asked as I nodded.

"Okay. I'm gonna finish editing then maybe we can go to dinner or something." I said as he smiled sympathetically. "You got it, man. Mind if Kat comes? We were supposed to hang out." He said as I nodded.

"Of course she can come." I said then started editing again. Kat was like a sister to me, so I never minded hanging out with her even if it made me feel like a loser for third wheeling.

"Great, just let me know when you're ready to go." Sam said then left the room. I sighed then got back to editing but my mind wondered off thinking about Violet again.

Why would her phone be off right now? I hadn't even tried to contact her since the phone call. I didn't want to upset her anymore so I was backing off. Did she want that? Or did she want me to call back and fight for her?

I groaned and threw my head back rubbing my eyes. It didn't matter. Sam was going to call her later. I had to get a grip.

I eventually was able to focus enough to finish editing my video. I was proud of myself for getting through it, even though I got tripped up for a little bit there.

I decided I needed to take a shower and that I would try to actually get ready today since I have been wearing the same outfit for the past two days.

When I got in the shower I felt refreshed, letting the hot water burn my skin a little. Once I was done with the shower I got out so I could dry and straighten my hair. It took about an hour to get ready but I didn't mind because at the end of it I was feeling much more confident.

Once I was ready I went downstairs so I could tell Sam and Kat that we could go whenever.

"Well look at you!" Kat said when I walked into the kitchen. "What's got you all dressed up?" Sam asked with a laugh. "Just felt like getting ready today." I said then grabbed my keys.