33

Colby's POV

"VIOLET! DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! IT'S NOT REAL!" I yelled as Sam and I pounded on the door. "It's not budging!" Sam yelled as I heard a door slam from down the hall. "VIOLET!" I yelled as I turned the doorknob, trying desperately to open it, but it wasn't moving.

"She's in danger, Sam! We have to get to her!" I yelled as I started to feel the anxiety bubble up in my chest. "COLBY! SAM! HELP!" Violet screamed bloody murder sending chills down my spine.

The need to protect her increased tenfold as I rammed my body into the door, trying to break it down. "Dude, you're going to hurt yourself!" Sam said as I rammed my body into the door a couple more times. "I don't fucking care!!" I screamed as I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder as I rammed into the door.

"COME ON!!!" I screamed and pulled at the handle feeling my eyes brim with tears. I rammed into the door one more time, causing it to finally break off the hinges.

"VIOLET!" I yelled and ran down the hallway to the room that she told me not to go into. I couldn't hear anything on the other side of the door which scared me.

"Colby! Wait!" Sam yelled as I tried to open the door. "Sam, she's not screaming anymore! She needs help!" I yelled as the door didn't budge.

"FUCK!" I screamed and pulled at the handle again. "Hey, let me help you." Sam said and pulled me back so he could ram into the door. "Violet, baby please answer me!" I yelled out as Sam rammed into the door.

He rammed it open causing a disgusting smell to fill my nostrils. I ignored it though and ran into the room.

Violet was in the middle of the room, laying in a puddle of her own blood. "VIOLET!" I yelled and ran up to her. "Fuck!" Sam yelled as I knelt down and collected her into my arms. There was blood covering her pale face as she layed there unconscious. There was a hole in her forehead which was still trickling blood, causing my heart to race.

"She's dead, oh my fucking god!" I yelled and started to sob as I held her close to my body.

Sam grabbed her wrist and put his fingers on it, looking for a pulse. "She's alive dude, but barely. We have to go to the hospital. Now." He said and stood up.

I nodded and held her close to my body then stood up. "How the hell are we supposed to get her through the opening to get to the main part of the asylum?" I asked as we ran towards the opening in the wall.

"We'll figure it out. I'm getting the stuff!" Sam said then ran down the hallway. "It's gonna be okay, baby. I'm here, you're gonna be okay." I mumbled and kissed her head as Sam came running down the hall with the backpack and camera.

"I'm gonna go through, then maybe we can just pass her through." Sam suggested as I nodded, "we have to hurry dude, I can't lose her." I said as he nodded, "I know, man." He said then quickly shimmied through the opening.

"Okay, try to pass her through." Sam said as I nodded, then tried to maneuver her through the opening but it wasn't possible because she was so limp. "It's not gonna work...damn it!" I hissed as I looked around.

"Hold on." I said then laid her on the ground. There was a desk chair abandoned in the middle of the hallway so I grabbed it and turned towards the opening.

"Stand back, Sam!" I yelled then started to slam the chair into the wall, causing it to break away. It wasn't breaking away fast enough. Violet didn't have much time since she was still bleeding, leaving another puddle in the hallway.

My heart slammed against my chest as I threw the chair away and started punching the wall as hard as I could.

I could feel the skin on my knuckles splitting open as giant chunks of wall came falling onto the ground but I didn't care.