106

When we got to the airport Kat pulled up to the curb. "Let me know when you come back so I can come get you." She said as I nodded. "Thanks, Kat." I said as we got out. "Be safe and call me if you need to talk to someone." She said as Ki and I grabbed our bags. "I will...and Kat?" I asked as I chewed on my lip.

"What's up?" She asked and turned to look at me. "Make sure he's okay for me?" I asked as her face softened. "I will." She said as I nodded.

I think she could tell that I was thinking of forgiving him but I wasn't going to tell her that.

"See you when you're back in LA?" Kat asked Ki causing her to laugh, "I told you I'm moving in." She said with a shrug. "Perfect, now go before you miss your flights." Kat said with a smile. "Love you, Kat." I said and hiked my bag onto my shoulder. "Love you too, I'm serious. Be safe." She said as I nodded. "Promise." I said then looked at Ki.

"Ready?" I asked as she nodded and linked her arm through mine. "Ready." She said then walked towards the entrance.

Ki was going back to West Virginia for a couple days so she could get more clothes then was going to meet me in Colorado. She had basically quit Steak 'n Shake because she wanted to stay in LA a little longer but they wouldn't let her. So she was probably gonna come back to LA with me.

I just told the hospital that there was a family emergency that I needed to take care of in Ohio and Sofia was super understanding.

I was so grateful for her.

Ki and I went through security with little to no issues then went to find our gates. "Are you sure you're gonna be okay...I can come with you to Ohio." She said as I shook my head. "I'll be okay. I just need to be alone right now I think." I said as she frowned.

"What did he say to you?" Ki asked as I shrugged. "He told me what happened..I just...I'm trying to figure out how to navigate this. My heart hurts so bad. It feels like it's not even there. It's at the house with Colby." I said and rubbed my chest, trying to loosen the tightness.

"I know...I just don't think you should forgive him so easily. Cheating is NEVER okay." She said as I nodded. "I know it isn't. What if she drugged him though. What if she did that to him and I didn't believe him?" I asked as my eyes watered.

"Do you really think she would do that? What would her motive be? They broke up." She said as I let out a shaky breath "I don't know." I said as my heart jerked in my chest. I didn't want to think about Colby lying to me about this.

He looked so hurt when I saw him though.

It didn't matter. My heart had been through enough. I just needed some time and space.

"I don't want to talk about about it." I said quietly as we got to my gate. "I get it. Just don't hesitate to reach out. You know I'll be there for you no matter what." Ki said as I nodded. "I know. I'll see you at the Denver airport on Tuesday. I think my flight lands before yours so just text me when you land." I said as she hugged me.

"You got it. Love you, V." Ki said as I hugged her back. "Love you, too. Text me when you land." I said as she nodded then walked off to her gate.

The flight to Ohio felt like the longest flight I had ever taken. I hated being alone with my thoughts. Luckily I didn't let myself get too emotional because the flight was packed and I didn't want to embarrass myself more than I already have.

I got off the plane then got my bag and headed towards the place where ubers would be. It felt weird being back in Cleveland because it's been 4 almost 5 years since I've been here.

I kinda miss it.

I got to the Uber that I ordered and put in the directions for the hotel I was staying in. I had put all of my extra money into this spontaneous trip, but it was necessary.