64

A few days have passed since the threat was sent to our house but nothing has really happened since.

Colby was a little on edge about it all, but I was completely fine. I knew it was an empty threat and that whoever sent it was just looking for attention.

Today I was going to orientation for my new job which I was pretty excited about.

"Are you sure I can't come with?" Colby asked as I laughed. "I'm one hundred percent sure you can't come." I said and pulled my hair into a ponytail.

"Daisy doesn't know where my new job is, Colby. She's also not coming to murder me. It was just a dumb threat." I said and grabbed my bag. "It wasn't just a dumb threat, Vi. It was disgusting, and I don't think you're taking this seriously enough." He said and crossed his arms.

"It's been almost a week dude, if she was gonna kill me she would have done it by now." I said as he rolled his eyes. "Let me at least drive you there." He said as I chuckled and raised up onto my tiptoes to kiss him.

"If it will make you feel better." I said as he grinned, "It really would." He said as I nodded. "Let's go then, I don't want to be late." I said then took his hand and  led him out of the room.

"Where are you two going?" Tara asked as we passed her in the driveway. "I have orientation, and Colby thinks I'm gonna get murdered so he has to drive me." I said as she laughed, "Okay, text me when you're done! We're having a girls night." Tara said as I grinned. "Will do!" I said then got in the car.

"Stop being an ass, Vi." Colby said as he started the car, "I'm not being an ass!" I said with a laugh. "You're making light of this situation as if I'm not scared out of my mind about losing you." He said as
I sighed.

"Colby...I'm making light of it because there's no use in getting worked up over it. Death threats happen to me daily now, but I've yet to die." I said and took his hand, rubbing it with my thumb.

"Online threats are different than this and you know it." Colby said as I shook my head. "No. I don't." I said as he sighed. "Whoever sent it knows where you live. They actively SENT something to you. It's not just words on a screen, Violet." He said as I nodded.

"Okay. I get it. Can we change the subject now?" I asked and picked at the hem of my skirt. "Yeah, are you excited?" He asked as I nodded and looked over at him.

"Yeah, I'm a little nervous though. What if they don't like me? Or what if they think I'm bad at my job?" I asked as he grinned and looked over at me for a second. "They're gonna love you, Vi." He said and squeezed my hand. "You're also the smartest girl I know, there's no way they'll think you're bad at your job." He said as I shrugged.

"I could be an idiot at work and you would never know." I said as he chuckled. "You wouldn't have a job for a year if you sucked at it." He said as I laughed. "You'd be surprised, dude." I said as he pulled into the parking lot.

"You're not gonna suck at your job. Text me when you need me to pick you up." He said as he pulled up to the curb. "Okay." I said then got out of the car,

"And, Vi?" Colby called out just before I closed the door. "Yes?" I asked as he grinned at me. "I love you." He said which made my heart skip a beat. "I love you, too." I said then closed the door and turned towards the building.

I took a deep breath as I walked through the doors. I knew I wasn't going to be actually doing any work today but I would be getting a tour and we would go over all the details the job entitled.

"Violet!" Sophia exclaimed excitedly as I walked up to the desk. "Hi, Sophia." I said and held my hand out for a handshake. "Are you excited?" She asked as I nodded. "I really am." I said with a smile as she grinned. "Perfect. Follow me then!" She said then walked me through the halls.

"This is the locker room, on this wall here is where you'll get your assignments for the day." She said then gestured to the two people in scrubs, putting their stuff away. "I guess we should also introduce you to some of your coworkers. This is Brady, and Aisha." Sophia said as they both waved at me.

"Hey! I'm Aisha, I'm gonna be the one training you." The girl said and held her hand out. "I'm Violet, it's nice to meet you." I said with a smile as the guy stepped up and held his hand out. "I'm Brady, the head nurse here. If you have any comments questions or concerns, don't hesitate to come to me." He said as I shook his hand.

They were so nice.

We went through the rest of the floor, going over what my assignments would be. I was already itching to start working because it's been a while since I have gotten to get my brain working like the way it does when I work.

Once we were done with the tour we went to Sophia's office so I could fill out the rest of my paperwork. When I was about halfway done with it I sent Colby a text telling him I was almost done.

I didn't mind doing paperwork but the stuff I had to do was particularly boring considering I wanted to just be working already.

When I finished the paperwork I packed up my stuff then went to go to the front of the building where Colby would hopefully already be.

I pulled my phone out, seeing that he didn't text me back. "Hmm." I said then tried to call him as I walked out of the hospital. His phone sent me to voicemail after it rang for a while.

"Great job, Colby." I mumbled then turned to start walking home. I couldn't help but be a little angry that we was so insistent on driving me here, but wasn't going to pick me up.

I probably should have called Tara or Kat or honestly anyone but I didn't want to bother them because Colby was an idiot.

As I walked I took in my surroundings. There were constantly cars passing me, and the birds were chirping all around. I missed Colorado snow but it felt good to have 70 degree weather in February.

"Hey, sexy!" Some guy yelled as I passed them on the sidewalk. "Come on! Don't play hard to get!" He yelled as I clutched my bag tighter. I kept my eyes straight ahead, not wanting to deal with this.

"She's a fiesty one!" The guy said then came up and wrapped his arm around my waist. "Get THE FUCK off of me." I screamed and pushed him away. "Jeeze, it was just a compliment! Don't be such a prude." He said as I rolled my eyes and kept walking.

He followed me for a while, making disgusting comments about my outfit and about what he wanted to do with said outfit. "Can you just back off?! I'm not interested." I said with gritted teeth, since he was really annoying me now.

"Whatever, slut." He said then spit on me and turned around to walk away. I clenched my fist and wiped the spit from my cheek, feeling the anger bubble up even more.

It pissed me off that Colby wasn't answering his phone. It pissed me off that I was somehow called and prude and a slut because I don't appreciate being cat called and touched by some random guy on the street.

I hated men.

I tried calling Colby again only to be sent to voicemail. "I'm gonna fucking kill him." I mumbled as I kept walking.

When I got home an hour and a half later I stormed to my room, ignoring when Jake tried to call out to me. I slammed the door closed then walked to the closet so I could get changed.

I couldn't believe that one second Colby was concerned for my life because of some mannequin head but then wouldn't answer his phone, making me walk home alone.

I could have EASILY been murdered or taken on that walk home but he was too busy worrying about some empty threat from my psycho ex friend.

"Violet?" I heard Jake call out on the other side of the door. "Leave me alone, Jake." I said as I pulled my hoodie on. "Okay..but are you okay?" He asked as I sighed. "I'm fine, just pissed off at your dumb ass friend." I said then opened the door so I could show him I was okay.

"Oh, which one?" He asked with a laugh as Colby walked through the front door.

"That one." I huffed then slammed the door again.