45

I woke up in Colby's arms, which was quite possibly the best feeling ever. I had slept like a rock, which was something that hasn't happened in so long.

Maybe I could get used to this, maybe I could just pack up and move to LA.

I sighed at the thought then carefully slid out of his embrace. I walked to the kitchen and made a cup of coffee, being careful to not wake Colby up.

He looked so peaceful as he slept. His arms were still open as he laid on his side, hiding his face into the couch cussion. I smiled at him for just a second before grabbing a blanket and my coffee, then going out to the patio.

The sun was shining, casting light onto the fresh coat of snow. I smiled as the world twinkled with glitter, it was possibly my favorite sight to see.

I didn't know if I would be able to give it up. Was it worth it to flip my life upside down again for a guy? Was it worth the risk? We didn't even know if we would work out or not.

I knew that he made me happy though, possibly the most happy I had ever been. When we were together it felt like our souls were made for eachother, as if we were meant to be together. I couldn't understand why, but I knew I had to be with him.

I heard the door open causing me to turn towards it. "Morning." I said quietly as he came up and sat down next to me. "What are you doing out here?" He asked as I took a sip of my coffee. "Thinking." I said quietly as I pulled my blanket over my shoulder a little more.

"Thinking about what?" He asked and pulled his hood over his head. "Moving." I said then looked over at him as a smile bloomed on his face. "You want to move?" He asked as I shook my head.

"I don't know...I want to be with you, I really do..but this place is everything I've ever wanted." I said then looked out towards the mountains again.

"When I was a kid, my parents took me to Denver for a family trip. We went skiing and hiking and it was the most fun I had ever had. My parents told me they wanted to eventually retire here." I said with a laugh.

"They wanted to grow old together and live in the mountains. They died young though." I said as Colby took my hand. "Ever since, I've wanted to live here. I wanted to do what they couldn't. So Daisy and I packed up our stuff and came here." I said and frowned.

"I think that's why she had so much resentment towards me. I took her away from everything she knew." I said quietly as he caressed my hand with his thumb.

"She didn't have to move with you." He pointed out as I shook my head. "You're right, she didn't. She was my best friend though. We did everything together, so she wanted to come with me." I said and chewed my lip.

"I feel at home here. I didn't want to stay in Ohio, I didn't want to stay where they were killed. I wanted to come here, where they wanted to retire." I said and looked over at him finally. "I don't know if I can leave." I whispered as he nodded.

"I understand, Vi. I really do...but are you happy here? With Daisy being gone, are you happy?" He asked as I shook my head. "No...I'm not." I whispered as tears stung my eyes.

"Your parents wouldn't want you to be tied down to a place that didn't make YOU happy." He said as I clenched my jaw. "You don't know what they would want." I said as he sighed.

"Not them specifically I guess but I know if I had a kid, I wouldn't want them being trapped in a place where they weren't happy. I would want them to follow where life takes them." He said and brought my hand to his lips.

"I would want them to follow their heart." He said as I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay. I get it." I mumbled then looked at the time. "I have to get ready for work." I said then stood up, dropping his hand.