107

Colby's POV

"Dude...you have to stop sulking." Sam said as I opened the fridge door. I knew he was right, but my heart was aching so badly in my chest it felt like I was going to keel over and die.

"I'm trying, Sam." I mumbled as I grabbed a bottle of water. "I know...why don't we just go upstairs and talk. Maybe that will help." He said as I sighed and grabbed a granola bar. "Fine." I said then turned to go upstairs.

I know Sam just wanted to help but I felt like I didn't deserve the help. I fucked up and now I was paying for it. It's what I deserved.

We went up to my room then sat on the couch. "So..." Sam started but trailed off. "What, Sam? What is it?" I snapped as he held his hands in surrender. "I just don't know what you want to talk about." He said defensively as I rubbed my face roughly.

"What is there to talk about, man? Violet dumped my ass and is now across the country. I'm worried fucking sick that she's not doing okay but I can't exactly do anything about that now can I?" I huffed out as he looked at me sympathetically.

I hated that look.

"She didn't break up with you..." He said as I rolled my eyes. "She told me this wasn't working then left to catch her flight." I said and closed my eyes feeling my heart break remembering it.

I could still see how broken she looked as tears poured down her cheeks. She really didn't cry often, usually only when someone brought up her parents so seeing her like that meant she was really hurting.

"You can get her back. This was all just a misunderstanding. She's your soulmate dude." He said as I closed my eyes. "I know." I said simply as Kat came into the room.

"Hey, Colby." She said quietly as she sat next to Sam on the couch. "Hey." I said then ruffled my hair. "How are you feeling?" She asked as I looked at her with confusion. "You don't hate me?" I asked causing her to shake her head.

"Why would I hate you?" She asked and leaned into Sam. "Because of what I did?" I said with confusion. "I know you didn't do it on purpose. Violet does too." She said as my heart skipped a beat.

"Did she decide to stay?!" I asked and stood up, ready to run to her. "No. Sit down, she's not here." She said as my heart fell. "Why do you think she believes me?" I asked and sat back down.

"I just do...so give her some space." Kat said as my heart thumped against my chest. "I'm just worried about her..is Ki going to Ohio with her?" I asked as she shook her head. "No she went back to West Virginia so she could get more clothes. She's coming back here with Violet." She explained.

I didn't like that she was going to Ohio alone, especially when she was so broken. She always talked about being in Ohio brought back negative feeling since it's where her parents died.

I was so scared she would crumble with nobody there with her.

"She's alright, dude. She's a big girl who has dealt with life longer than she's even known you. Maybe we should try to prove your innocence so when she gets back you'll have proof to show her." Sam said as I nodded.

"I don't think that's possible. I'm not going anywhere near Jordan again so I guess I just have to pray that Violet believes me." I said as Kat frowned.

"You're telling the truth right? Like...that actually happened?" She asked as I nodded. "I don't remember most of it. I don't remember if we..slept together." I said, wracking my brain trying to remember that night.

"Are you okay?" Kat asked quietly. "I think so...I don't think we slept together..just because of the timing. Violet saw us then I blacked out only to be woken up by Ki. I don't know Ki very well but I know that she wouldn't hesitate to find me after Violet told her so I was out for what? 5 minutes? Maybe 10?" I said as Sam sighed.

"Why did you feel fine when you woke up though? If she drugged you it would have stayed in your system for longer, right?" He asked as I groaned.

"I don't know...it's all so confusing." I said as threw my head back, covering my eyes. "It doesn't matter. What matters is you didn't do it on purpose." Sam said and patted my knee. "You're right." I said with a nod.

We sat and talked for a while before I decided to go to bed. I didn't sleep well last night after everything that happened. Every time I closed my eyes I saw Violet's face with tears pouring down it, breaking my heart every time.

I never wanted to see her hurting.

I eventually did end up sleeping, which was surprising. However, when I woke up the same empty feeling in chest. I was just going to have to get used to it.

I went downstairs to the kitchen where Jake was eating a bowl of cereal. "Hey, man." I said as he waved. "What's up, bro?" He greeted. "Nothing. What are you up to today?" I asked and grabbed a water bottle. "I have to film, did you wanna help?" He asked as I shrugged.

"Yeah, what are you doing?" I asked as he laughed. "You'll see." He said as Sam came into the room. "Hey, brother." Jake said as Sam waved.

"We're filming later. Did you wanna help?" Jake asked while Sam made some eggs for himself. "Do I?" He asked suspiciously. "Absolutely." Jake said with a laugh.

We hung out for a little while so Jake could set up the video. I was trying desperately to keep my mind off of the heartbreak I was feeling in my chest so filming right now was a good idea.

I could fake it for the camera.

"What are we doing, man?" Sam asked as we walked into the living room. "Murder box." Jake said and pointed to the box in front of us.

"Murder box?" I asked and sat down. "Murder box." He repeated as Sam laughed. "Alright." He said and nodded once.

We sat down on the couch next to him then started the intro to the video. I tried to stay focused on the video but I couldn't stop thinking about Violet.

My mind went to when we went to the Biltmore and how she automatically knew about the black dahlia. She was seriously so smart I couldn't wrap my head around why she wanted me in the first place.

"Is this even legal?" Sam asked with a laugh and held up a picture that Charles Manson took. "Uh...I think so." Jake said and looked suspiciously at the camera.

We filmed the video, going through each of the items and explaining them. It was honestly really interesting and it was taking my mind off of the heartbreak.

"That was actually really cool." I said as Jake packed the box back up. "Right?! I kinda want to show it to....Tara." He said as my heart splintered away. I knew he was going to say Violet, because she would love to see the box. I knew she would.

"It's okay, you can say her name. I'm gonna get her back." I said trying to manifest it.

I was going to get her back.

Once everything was packed up we went out separate ways. I had done enough social interaction today to not feel like a depressed piece of shit.

When I got to my room I sat on the couch and went through my Twitter notifications. I responded to a couple people before I saw a picture of someone shipping Jordan and I. I huffed out a breath and locked my phone feeling sick to my stomach.

I tossed my phone to the side then grabbed my laptop and started to do some work. I answered some work emails then started importing my video since it was Friday.

I got lost in my work so much that I didn't realize that my phone was ringing. "Shit." I mumbled and reached over, grabbing my phone. I rubbed my eyes, trying to focus on the screen so I could see who it was.

My heart stopped when I saw that Violet was calling.