10

The sun was setting by the time we got to the asylum. It was even more beautiful with the sun setting behind it.

"It's beautiful." Colby said next to me as Sam pulled the equipment out of the trunk. "Yeah." I said then walked away. I heard him sigh as I walked towards Sam.

"Need help?" I asked as he laughed lightly, "Wanna hold this?" He asked and held the Ouija board out to me. "Sure." I said then took it from him.

"It's freezing out here." Daisy said and bundled her sleeves into her hands. "Yeah, we brought some blankets so we can stay as warm as possible." Sam said and handed me a backpack full of stuff.

"Aren't you glad you wore that sweatshirt?" I asked Daisy coyly as she breathed a laugh. "Shut up." She grumbled.

We made our way inside as Sam and Colby set up the camera. I could already feel the eeriness weighing down on my chest as I pointed my flashlight down the very dimly lit hallway.

As I flashed my light down the hallway I saw something move out of the corner of my eye causing me to gasp.

"Vi?" I heard Daisy say but I ignored her as I stared down the hallway. I took a step so I could start walking but then heard a loud thud causing me to jump.

"Hello?!" Sam called out as I froze. "Violet, come here." Colby said as he pulled my arm, stepping in front of me. "I saw something." I said as Daisy came up next to me.

"Is someone in here?!" Colby called out as he and Sam shined their flashlights down the hallway. "Nobody should be in here." Sam said as I reached over and grabbed the camera, turning it on.

"I'm just afraid someone snuck in. Hello?!" Sam said as we carefully made our way down the hallway. "What was that!?" Daisy gasped out as she pointed to a room on our left, "What did you see?" Colby asked as she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"It looked like a shadow." She said as I clenched my jaw. "That's it." I said then pushed passed Colby with the camera in my hand. "Is anyone in here?!" I shouted and walked down the hallway with no hesitation. "Violet, wait!" Sam yelled as I walked towards the room Daisy had pointed to.

As soon as I walked in I was hit with a pungent smell, which resembled ammonia. The smell was so strong that I stumbled backwards, into the hallway. "Vi!" Daisy yelled as someone caught me from falling over.

"Are you okay?" Colby asked as he helped me stand up straight. "Do you not smell that?" I asked as Sam nodded, "smells like ammonia." He said as I nodded, feeling a headache coming on.

"There's probably stray cats in here, that's why we saw shadows and heard things." I said and turned towards Daisy and Colby. "You were filming that entire time?" Colby asked as his eyes trailed down to the camera. "Yeah. I thought that's what we were here for." I said as he grinned at me.

"Colby, I think she's coming for our job." Sam said as he grabbed the camera from me. "I think so too, but please don't go off alone like that. You almost gave me a heart attack, Vi." Colby said which caused my heart to flutter.

Why did him calling me Vi make my heart happy...everyone called me Vi.

"I won't." I said then turned away from him. "Dude, this footage is sick, even if it is just for some stray cats." Sam said as I walked over to check the footage with him.

"Maybe we should bring you along to every trip, you weren't scared in the slightest to go off by yourself." Sam said which caused Daisy to suck in a breath.

"No thanks." I said even though it sounded fun. I really did enjoy getting to spend time with Sam and Colby. They really did put off this great vibe, I wouldn't mind traveling around the country with them just going on ghost adventures.