➵ Chapter 7

Only 42 applicants passed phase 2, currently on the airship travelling to phase 3. Itsuki and her little group sat down, huddled up, explaining to Leorio about his questions.

"WHAT!"

Kurapika quickly slapped his hand over Leorio's mouth,
"Shut up Leorio, do you want everyone to know that Itsuki's a Zalax?"

Itsuki laughed at the two.

"S-sorry, It just that I didn't know the clan was even real." Leorio whispered, trying his hardest to suppress his shock.

"So yeah, That's why I was able to climb down the cliff at split mountain so quickly, as a Zalax, it was just as easy as walking for you as climbing for me." Itsuki explained. "Now that I've explained everything I'm going to explore this ship, anyone coming?"

Gon and Killua stood up, signing themselves up.

The trio then scurried off, leaving the two older ones resting.

Their first visit was to the kitchen, sneaking into cupboards and scavenging through fridges, then eventually being found and kicked out. Then they snacked on their stolen goods as they strolled around, stumbling upon a spacious room. In the middle of the room, stood the chairman Netero, spinning a volleyball on his finger.

"Care to join me in a game?" The chairman invited, intrigued by the three kids that was able to pass phase 2.

Not interested at his invitation, the three declined.

"I'll give you a hunter license if you win." The man added.

Hearing the offer, the three stopped in their tracks.

Netero began to explain the rules. The game was fairly simple, if the three got the ball off him, they win and they'll be given the hunter license right on the spot. There will be no limits to how they could attack him and he could only block or defend.

The three accepted, however Itsuki was unhappy of how much advantage they were given, how the man thought it was necessary to give them the privileges, it was like they were being looked down, and Itsuki hated that. She wanted to prove him wrong, prove that they weren't someone to be looking down on. However, after an hour into the game, she realised how foolish her idea was, the three couldn't even go so much as to touching the ball, let alone getting it. This man was powerful, insanely powerful. His agility, reflex, speed, endurance was all out of their leagues, and it wasn't that the three was slow, hell they were fast. But Netero was faster, way faster.

The three strikes again, accelerating to their limits, attacking at all possible angles. But Netero dodges every attack.

The three collapse to the ground, panting loudly whereas Netero didn't even break a sweat.

Killua got up, not looking pleased.
"I'm going."

"Why?" Itsuki asked, still catching up her breath.

"Haven't you noticed? He hasn't even moved from his spot ever since the game started. We are no match for him."

"Ehhhhh?!"

And with that, killua left.

He paced along the corridor, pissed. It wasn't common that he loses in a game, and he didn't like it. Walking mindlessly, he didn't notice as two men bumped into him. Killua just kept on walking.

"Oi brat, don't you know to apologise when you bump into someone!" One of the man shouted.

Killua ignored them.

"Seems like you need to be taught a lesson." The other man snarled as he began to approach Killua.

Killua halted. He was already pissed, and the two men was adding fuel to the fire. His eyes darkened as he sharpened his nails.

Before he even got to do anything, he heard the sound of a body colliding with the ground. He turned around, just in time to see Itsuki kicking the other man in the face. The man also collapsed.

"You are the ones that bumped into him. Don't think you can mess with us just because we're underaged." Itsuki spat.

"Killua! Are you okay?" Itsuki turned to face him, immediately returning to her cheerful self.

Killua didn't know why, but his anger suddenly vanished now that Itsuki came. "yeah... thanks." He murmured.

"No need, That's what friends are for!" Itsuki flashed a smile.

"F-friends..?"  Killua repeated under his breath, a pleasant feeling evoking.

"What did you say?"

"Nothing-" Killua blurted out as he began to walk, Itsuki quickly followed after.

Not walking for long, they settled down on a bench near a window, where no one was around.

Itsuki gazed out to the night sky, watching as the stars twinkle delicately, decorating the night.

"Where are your parents?" Itsuki asked, trailing her eyes down to the cities, flashing colours in her eyes.

"Dunno... they're probably alive." Killua shrugged.

"What do they do for a living?" Itsuki continued to question.

Killua did not answer straight away but looked very thoughtful. But at last, he answered. " They're assassins, my whole family is, including me." Killua divulged.

"Assassins?!" Itsuki exclaimed, casting a surprised face.

This sort of reaction was expected.

"The Zoldycks...that's my family.....scared?" Killua asked, now expecting her to run away or scream at him, just like the others.

"Well no...it's just that I can't even imagine you hurting a fly with that puny arm of yours." Itsuki answered truthfully, not meaning to offend him.

An irk mark appeared on Killua's forehead. Irritated, he pinched Itsuki's cheeks.

"I-I'm k-kidding- p-please let- g-go." Itsuki muffled.

Killua finally lets go, leaving Itsuki rubbing her sore cheeks.

Though, he wasn't expecting that answer at all.

Killua looked out the window, "Are you... still willing to be my...friend?" He said, prepared for a rejection.

"Of course!"

Killua turned to look at Itsuki, eyes wide open.

"Y-you don't mind being friends with a killer?" Killua uttered.

"Well, I'm certain that if you ever had a choice, you wouldn't choose to become a killer, it's not your fault that your family moulded you this way." Itsuki told him.

Killua stayed silent. This was something he wanted to hear for years, he felt so understood. It was like a ton of weight has been lifted away from him, the feeling of being accepted for who he was. That's right, he never wanted to be an assassin, never.

Thank you, Itsuki.

A/N

Don't worry, killua and Itsuki won't be staying friends for long ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)