➵ Chapter 26

In a few hours time, Gon will be going face to face with the psychotic clown and technically, he should have spent the whole of yesterday preparing, except he didn't. Instead he stayed up with Killua scrolling down wikihow on the search of 'how to know if a girl likes you.'

They took the task seriously, and had gathered points which they had considered as 'useful'. The points consisted instructions for Killua to follow and depending on Itsuki's reactions they shall find out if Itsuki had feelings for him.

Currently, the trio are eating their breakfast. Gon gave Killua a sneaky little wink, signalling for him to make a move with their master plan. Killua peered at Itsuki from his side, watching her inhale her food as he ran the instructions in his head.

# Compliment her, comment on how good she looks or how pretty her outfit is. Watch how she reacts to your compliment. If she becomes shy and flustered and wears the look you complimented more often there is a big chance she has feelings for you.

Killua then thought back to the example phrase wikihow gave.

He took a big gulp before he murmured, "u-uh Nice shirt."

"Huh?" Itsuki stared at Killua with a confused look while inhaling another mouthful of cereal.

Killua blushed fifty shades darker realising that he might have to repeat such an embarrassing moment. But nonetheless he repeated. "I s-said-"

"No I heard you, but I literally wear this white shirt every single day? What's gotten into you Kil."

Gon slowly shut his eyelids, PRAYING for the love of God that this would be the last time Killua would mess up this bad. He got up hastily and forcibly dragged the very embarrassed Killua out of the dining table and stopped just out of ear shot, leaving a happy munching Itsuki on the table. This time Gon told him exactly what to say. They made their way back.

# She remembers all moments spent with you, even if it's from a long time ago.

He sat back down, grabbing a few bites to act natural before swallowing back the load of embarrassment as he forced out his words. "D-do you remember when we first met?" He managed to choke out.

Itsuki looked a bit surprised at the question but seem to be thinking very carefully before answering. "Of course I remember! We met in that alleyway I used to sleep in right?" Itsuki said in a nostalgic tone. Killua and Gon furrowed their eyebrows in confusion as she continued. "When you first showed up, you asked me if I wanted to buy this weird powder but I didn't want any. But then, because you had this cute little dog we became friends. Though later, for some reason, you got arrested and then we never- wait..." Itsuki halted, realising that something didn't add up. "Oh! That was Jamie! I got you and Jamie mixed up cus you both have such similar smug looking faces... But Gosh his dog was adorable-" Itsuki stopped in a haste as two unimpressed and almost upset faces stared her down. "S-sorry, my bad... not exactly good with memories..." Itsuki mumbled as she awkwardly sipped on her glass of water. They then spent the rest of the breakfast in silence.