➵ Chapter 13

The week have passed successfully without much happening.

There are now ten applicants remaining.

The remaining applicants gathered at the finishing site, where the little group reunited. The three teens blabbed excitedly to each other, catching up.

The applicants once again boarded the airship, travelling to the final phase.

On the airship, Itsuki listened to Killua and Gon's story attentively, hugely entertained.

"You really got some guts Gon, If I were you, I wouldn't even have considered going to that cave knowing it was covered in snakes." Itsuki gave him a thumbs up, admiring Gon's bravery.

"Enough of me, how did you defeat your opponent Itsuki?" Gon questioned her now that he finished his story.

Itsuki recalled to the event and went red in embarrassment. How was she suppose to tell them that her opponent fainted by being so disgusted by her cooking? "U-um he um, he was poisoned-" Itsuki explained vaguely, praying that they'll get the hint that she wants to move on.

"Oh, how did he get poisoned." Killua pushed on, oblivious to Itsuki's prayers.

Itsuki inwardly screamed, cursing at Killua. " Wow! What a beautiful weather today, don't you think?" Itsuki dramatically exclaimed.

"It's raining..." Killua said bluntly, looking at Itsuki weirdly.

"Oh um- yea of course- umm o-oh I know! I-it must have been the lack of sleep that has my head spinning! Y-yeah that's right, lack of sleep! I must get some sleep right now... y-yeah, see you guys t-tomorrow!" Itsuki faked a yawn as she hurried off.

Killua and Gon stared after Itsuki, baffled.

"Huh?"

The airship landed. They are now here, at the final phase.

The location was indoors, held in a large, beautifully decorated building, in the middle was an arena with a referee in a black suit and shades.

The chairman explained the final set of rules. It was straightforward, the applicants will take part in a tournament where they would compete with each other in combat. Whoever loses, will be moved up to the second round of the tournament and so on. Nothing will be decided until the last round, whoever loses the last round of the tournament will fail the exam while the rest of the applicants pass.

The first round was about to start, the selected players were Gon and Hanzo. They walked onto the arena, both flashing determination in their eyes.

"I will serve as the referee." The referee stated, standing between the two of them. " Best of luck."

"Hey, glad to see you again." Hanzo said, catching the referee in surprise. "You were the one tailing me during fourth Phase, you don't remember?"

Gon let out a small sound of surprise. He didn't notice at all.

"You noticed?" The referee questioned.

"Naturally," Hanzo replied. "I assumed that every applicant had an examiner following. Well, Im sure everyone else noticed too."