➵ Chapter 40

"I'm sure Captain wouldn't mind me having a little fun with you."

Itsuki didn't want to know what he meant by that. And despite the desire to surrender and plead for his mercy, she stood her ground. "You don't scare me one bit."

She tried her hardest to mask her fear. But thinking back to their last encounter and knowing what he's capable of, the fear worsens.

But she could do nothing more than send hostile glares and shout meaningless insults at him. She couldn't stop anything that is to come.

Feitan harshly grabbed her cheeks. The grip wasn't painful, but frightening.

And again, he flashed a malicious grin, his eyes held intentions that Itsuki wished she wouldn't have to know. Itsuki kept her eyes wide open, whatever torture Feitan was going to put her through, she wasn't going to give him any satisfaction, she won't show him she's afraid.

Each thumps of her heart was getting louder. The silence and the increasing apprehension made her sick.

Feitan sharpened his nails, smiling even more to see Itsuki flinch. "Consider yourself lucky that I don't have my tools."

His words didn't help her nerves.

"Not that I need them for you to scream."

Itsuki forced a scoff. "You'll tire yourself out before I even consider letting out a sigh."

Feitan chuckled mercilessly. "I guess we'll find out."

Now, Itsuki regretted making those remark, what was being smart-mouthed going to get her? Probably nothing but more pain. After all, Feitan is the one having the upper hand. Acting all brave and tough probably would piss Feitan even more. She cursed at her own stupidity, her pride is not worth the pain. If she wants to come out of this unscathed, she needs to up her game.

"Now, where to begin..." Itsuki heard Feitan murmured. She doesn't have much time left.

She took in a deep breath, making up her mind. This was going to hurt her pride.

"I'm sorry!" Itsuki suddenly yelled.

Feitan looked almost startled, confused from the sudden change of her attitude.

"I'm sorry that I lied!" She continued. "I was lying when I said you don't scare me! Truth is, you scare the shit out of me!"

Her pride shattered like glass. But it was her best bet. She figured that it would be the best thing an incorrigible sadist would want to hear.

"You are just so scary!" Itsuki yelled, dramatically shaking. "Please Mister! I would do anything just please don't hurt me! I have a family to feed!" There she goes with the classical pleadings. "Please!" She continued yelling. And then, she figured it was the right time to drop a few tears. "P-please Mister!" She wept on. "I know you must have had a rough childhood to turn out like this, but Mister, if you let me go, maybe we can still be friends! Please! It'll be a lot better than torturing me!" She was now cringing over what she had just said. But she shook her thoughts away.

She faked a few more tears and decided to peer at Feitan, checking if her tactic worked.

But only to see Feitan wearing a disgusted expression, looking down at her, like she was some sort of mentally ill psychopath.

And to her horror, Feitan seemed to want to beat her up even more. "Are you done with your acts." He sounded angry.

She stopped the tears. Was her acting really that bad? But that was the least of her worries when she saw Feitan sharpening his hands, inching closer to her.

Itsuki gulped silently, her muscles tensing. Readying herself for whatever pain is to come.

Suddenly, a loud ringing interrupted. To Feitans annoyance and Itsuki's relief.

Feitan rummaged through his pocket and pulled out the ringing phone.

He looked at the name of the caller. "Tsk." Itsuki didn't miss Feitan's warning glance as he reluctantly picked up the phone.

"Hey Fei, it's Shalnark." A boyish voice said on the other line of the phone.

Feitan frowned. "Captain better have came back. And that damn chain user is for me kill."

A sigh could be heard from the other line. "Fei, the two kids were traded for Captain. But chain user's Nen ability disabled Captian's Nen and prevents him from communicating with any of us. Captain won't be coming back until we can remove Chain user's abilities." Feitan's grip hardened. "But Fei, don't torture that girl. I know you're tempted but don't. Captains order before he was held captive, still want her when he comes back."

"A little torture won't hurt. She'll be healed before Captain comes back."

"Don't Fei, we all know when you start your tortures, you'll end up so into torturing you'll accidentally kill her."

A few seconds of silence passed by.

"Fine."

The amount of relief Itsuki felt was blissful. From the two thing she could gather from that phone call, Killua and Gon is now safe. Two, she is spared. At least for now.

"Also, send me your location Feitan. Me and the others will be joining you soon-" The voice was cut short and followed by a few muffled noise. "Don't just snatch my phone Nobunaga!" A faint voice shouted from the background.

Then a new voice spoke through the phone. "Feitan, keep an eye on that girl and don't let her escape. We also want to see what an alive Zalax can do."

With a loud beep, Feitan shut the phone. Making another irritated "Tsk." Feitan makes way back to the boulder he sat on and picked up his Trevor Brown book.

A cold sweat trickled down Itsuki's cheeks. She could practically feel his anger radiating off of him.

Itsuki lost count of time. Ten minutes passed or an hour, she couldn't tell. The nerves messes up your concept of time. And time certainly seemed to be ticking slower when you're stuck in a building with a sadist that could tear you apart in seconds. Especially when he is angry. Itsuki felt like she was staying with a bomb, not knowing when he'll explode.

Although now that she knew Gon and Killua was safe and sound, she is a lot more relieved. And in this moment of time, all there is left to do is to get herself out of here.

But she knows how challenging this could be. But it would be now or never. As after the other members arrive, it will really be impossible.

She thought hard. And gathered that the first step was somehow getting out of the restraints.

The metal wires she was fine with, but the ropes Killua prepared was as sturdy as anything.

Her thoughts ended when she heard a disturbance not far off. She saw Feitan looking up from his book.

Itsuki's muscles tensed. Could it be Killua and the others rescuing her?

She couldn't describe how disappointed she was when she only saw a few hairy rats scrambling along the ruins. Even Feitan didn't bother to give them a second look as he returned to his book.

Itsuki watched the little creatures as they vanished into the dark. However oddly, one of the rats was hurrying her way. And the closer it got, the more familiar it looked.

Itsuki's eyes widened.

She had never so delighted to see a rat.

Except that rat wasn't a rat at all.

It was Shitto.