➵ Chapter 27

That evening, their bet was established. But it was delayed until the next morning since Gon had somehow gotten sick, he was all dizzy and lightheaded. And non of the two drumsticks knew how to help.

They firstly wrapped Gon in multiple of layers and then argued whether if they should put ice or hot towels on his head. But ended up choosing ice because Gon was scorching underneath the mountains of covers. Gon ended up being so hot that Itsuki decided to hang him outside the window to "cool him down", that is until Killua came and quickly brought Gon back inside. It was a hot mess but eventually they made it. And by morning Gon was better than ever.

Before noon, they waved goodbye to Heavens Arena.

The three teens had just barely made it in time before hurrying on the ship. The three fidgeted about, unable to contain their excitement. They trotted around the ship, occasionally obstructing the workers.

With the help of four adults, they were seated down. However now as they settled down, they felt the hunger that they weren't able to feel before.

Itsuki brought the sandwiches and snacks she packed. She grinned at the other two, proud of herself for being responsible. They all digged in, wolfing down the lot as they enjoyed the refreshing sea breeze fleeting past their faces, it was a most enjoyable and peaceful time. UNTIL Itsuki ran out her share of the snacks and decided to nip Killua's unfinished biscuits.

Itsuki started by sneaking her way to the biscuit slowly, then grabbed it and ran.

"Oiiiii!"

She sprinted into the deck, and ducked into the nearest room, slamming the door behind her. She waited for a good few minutes before she started snacking on her stolen goods.

"Seems like you're enjoying yourself~"

Itsuki jumped at the voice. "K-Killua." Itsuki eyed the exit, however before she could do anything, she found herself pinned firmly to the wall, with Killua just inches away. "Where do you think you're going?" Killua murmured with a hint of playfulness. Itsuki didn't respond, but began to panick as Killua's face closed in. Itsuki closed her eyes, as if anticipating.

Seconds passed by, and nothing had happened.

Itsuki opened her eyes bit by bit. Realisation hit her as she saw Killua's signature grin. He retrieved his biscuits and bit into one before turning away to leave. "One point for me." Killua winked, signalling to her red cheeks.

Itsuki covered her cheeks up with her hand, frowning at him as he popped another biscuit into his mouth.

However just as Killua was about to leave. She spun him around and pressed him on to the wall. How the positions have switched.

The startled Killua stared at Itsuki, half of his biscuit remained outside, uneaten. Itsuki smiled at him flirtatiously, keeping their eye contact as she took a bite of the biscuit still hung from Killua's mouth. Itsuki took her time tasting the flavour of the delicacy. "Delicious~"

As expected, he flushed a crimson red.

Itsuki grinned triumphantly as she moved away from her position.

"One-all."

For the rest of the journey on the ship, both Killua and Itsuki were fully on guard, leaving each other no chances of pulling off any tricks. And seeing that no progress were made, they agreed on determining the winner on the next point. Needless to say, the tension became thicker than ice.