➵ Chapter 47

Itsuki's pov

"Stop for a second Gon. What? A boxing arena? He's outside?! But what about the bounty? I thought we were still being hunted down?!" I shook off Gon's hands. "What if he's caught by the phantom troupe again?!" The familiar feel of anxiety returns just by the mere thought of Killua possible captured by them. "Some one give me a hat, I need to go get him right n-"

Fear swells up on my chest. I can't believe Killua is being so reckless. I rush to the door.

"Itsuki. The bounty is all gone."

I halted. I spin around, meeting their restful figures. "What." My heart slows down.

"The bounty were all cancelled just awhile ago." Kurapika disclosed, coughing again.

Now I was confused. "That doesn't make sense. Why would they do that?"

"That's what we don't get either." Gon responded. "But still, it's good news, at least we can get around without being as worried."

I nodded, pleased with the news. That's one thing going in the right direction.

"And now Killua."

I've never would have guessed how happy I could get simply from walking down the street. Despite the road being dumped with rubbish and the air tainted with pollutes. It isn't exactly the most beautiful street. But me and Gon had made it out ten minutes without having to run for our lives. It's refreshing.

I suddenly halt.

There was something. Something immense.

It was so great, that I struggled to move.

I call out to Gon, who was still enjoying his walk. He turns around. "You okay?"

"Gon." I manage to say. "Do... you feel it."

I look to my right.

Gon looks to where my gaze is, then looks at me, and looks again. "Feel what?"

I walk across the road, stopping multiple cars but I couldn't care.

I know exactly where the power is coming from.

I stare into the glass window, an impeccable looking dagger lies in the display cabin.

An ineffable wave of familiarity washes over me. I'm loosing track of what's happening.

Gon appears by my side. He looks at what I'm looking. "Itsuki? Are you okay?"

"I'm not sure." I mumble. "I... I feel something from the dagger. I don't know."

I don't hear Gon respond.

"I feel like it's speaking to me." I don't know what I'm saying anymore. "I don't know. Do you feel it Gon?" But I already know the answer. Gon is perplexed but he takes me into the shop. Now I could get a closer look.

The store is filled with grime and filth. On the floor scattered tips of used cigarette. The place was in an utter mess. The wall is decorated with rows of swords, katanas, daggers, knives. I turn my attention to the dagger in the clear case. I see my reflection staring back at me in the blade. I figured that this was probably the cleanest thing in here.

I examined the blade carefully. The whole blade was slightly curved upwards, a great size. In fact the blade alone must be the length of my arm. It almost resembles a scythe, but also not exactly. The blade looks impeccable, marvellous, intimidating. It looks that it can split the earth in half. Its a blade so flawless, not a speck of dirt to be spotted. While oddly, such an exquisite and perfect blade is attached to a worn dark brown leather handle, old and crusty, used for at least a century for it to be in such a state. it looks like something picked straight out of the trash. The contrast was so great that it made the dagger look confusing. It seemed like half of the dagger was made from a different timeline.