➵ Chapter 25

The trio greeted Wing and Zushi as they entered the small hotel room. Even Itsuki and Zushi greeted. The atmosphere between them didn't appear as awkward as before. Somehow, they settled an unspoken agreement that they would pretend nothing happened, and it worked out fine.

"Well, let's see what progress you have made from the past week." Wing announced as he places a glass of water on a nearby desk.

Gon went first. He placed his palms either side of the glass and activated Ren. Immediately, a surge of water gushed out of the container, the impact shattering the glass.

"G-Gon, you can stop now." Wing sputtered as he hurriedly scraped up the table. Gon complied, then looked at Wing proudly waiting for Wing's comments on his performance. Overall, Wing made a few impressed feedbacks, which were all understatements to how he actually felt, in fact he was even a little frightened at how fast Gon was improving. Wing held onto his feelings as he instructed Killua to go next. As Killua finished instilling Ren to the water, everyone dipped their fingers for a taste, and the result was just as impressive as Gon's.

Next up was Itsuki, she palmed the glass and activated Ren. And although there wasn't ways to tell how poisonous the water had become, Wing could just tell the immense improvement by the calm, steady flow of her aura.

Lastly, was Zushi. He tenderly placed a leaf on top of the water before he cupped the glass and proceeded with Ren. Everyone trailed their eyes onto the thin piece of leaf. Sweat trickled down Zushi's face as he struggled with his aura. The leaf had barely wavered. Wing patted Zushi on the back, reassuring him.

Wing then faced the trio, "I think the three of you are qualified to graduate."

The three looked between themselves, delighted with the news.

Wing cleared his throat, catching their attention again. "I announce, Gon, Itsuki, you have passed your post Hunter exam!"

"Ehhhh?!" Gon and Itsuki chorused.

"It is a basic requirement to have Nen as a Hunter, and I was sent here to make sure of that." Wing disclosed.

"Oh, so you only taught me because I happened to be with them." Killua said with an unimpressed tone.

"Killua, please ensure that you'll attend the next Hunter exam." Wing told him.

And after a final few words of cautions, the three waved farewell.

The day later, it was the match between Itsuki and Riehlvelt. It was an awaited match by many. Was Riehlvelt going to lose against all three teens? Or was he going to retrieve his dignity. They were about to find out.

Itsuki stood nervously in the arena, caught up in the rowdy cheers thrown at her. She never particularly enjoyed attention, and at the moment, it seems to be all she was getting. The screeching music once again begin to boom as Riehlvelt made his entrance. Itsuki covered her ears with the overly long sleeve of a jacket that she never wears, blocking out the tiniest bit of sound. And the crowd only seemed to quieten down when the two fighters stood facing each other, ready to fight.

Killua and Gon sat comfortably in their seats, confident in Itsuki's ability to fight. Killua knew it the best, he knew more than anyone of how capable Itsuki was, how fast she she could learn, how fierce she could be. He knew it from their training. Her inherently strong limbs, her swift moves, her straightforward but powerful strikes. She is a born fighter. However that wasn't what Killua was worried about, her lack of experience and her unpolished moves were what concerned him. A match isn't all about strengths, it is also big on strategy. And her blunt thinking certainly wouldn't get her the upper hand. And as the match was about to come, what worried him the most was the distasteful whips Riehlvelt owned. Itsuki could be in serious trouble if she got caught up in the volts. Despite when Itsuki reassured him that she was prepared.