➵ Chapter 30

Killua was hung upside down, struggling against the blonde male's hold on both of his legs.

Without warning, the ceiling came crashing down, along with a small figure.

"RUN KILLUA."

Killua's eyes widened upon hearing the familiar voice.

Why is she here? How is she here? Questions flooded in.

However, given the situation that he is currently being captured by a troupe member left him no time to think. Itsuki brought distraction, a chance to escape, and he was going to take it.

As the blonde's attention was still on Itsuki, Killua used this chance to twist his entire body, wrenching out from his hold. Although, the male reacted just in time to catch onto one of his legs him again. Meanwhile, the blondes attention was still on Itsuki who charged at him with a kick. He effortlessly blocked her attack with his free hand and swept her up from the ground. All this happened in the fraction of a second.

Killua and Itsuki, now both upside down, held by the male.

"YOU IDIOT. YOU'RE NOT EVEN SUPPOSE TO BE HERE. DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO STAY WITH LEORIO?!" Killua shouted.

"WHY DO I GET TO STAY BACK WHEN YOU TWO GET TO TRACK THEM?! AND YOU COULDN'T EVEN DO THE JOB RIGHT. LOOK AT YOU, GETTING YOUR OWN ASS CAUGHT." Itsuki shouted back.

"HAH?! YOU LITTLE-"

The two begin to fight, pulling and squishing each other's faces while being dangled by the blonde.

"Phinks." A voice sounded.

The duo paused their mini brawl and looked at the owner of the voice. It was the man with long black hair that Killua was tailing.

"Phinks, why are you here. Weren't you heading out with boss?"

"To fool the enemy, you first fool your allies." The man known as Phinks replied.

The man with black hair chuckled. "The boss got me again."

His gaze shifted onto the duo, "now then children, I'm have a few questions for you."

"Question one, why were you following u-"

"We weren't!" Itsuki shouted before he finished speaking.

The man stared her down, "you wouldn't want to lie right now."

"Fine. Well, we were just following you for fun."

Killua sighed from hearing her response. "The mafia put out a huge bounty for your heads." Killua answered truthfully, knowing that lying wouldn't help the situation.

"Killua?!" Itsuki yelped, feeling betrayed.

"Second question, who taught you to track."

"No one!" Itsuki shouted again.

"A master we met at heavens arena taught us a technique called Zetsu. We used it to follow you." Killua answered.

Phinks cocked a brow. "You, the girl. Are you an assassin."

"I'm not!"