➵ Chapter 16

"You and Hisoka made an agreement?! When?" Itsuki asked, amazed.

"It was when we were at the fourth phase. Hisoka gave me his tag, but I didn't want to accept it and I tried giving it back. He threw a punch and told me he would only accept the tag when I am able to punch him back." Gon explained. " So before finding Ging, I want to return the punch. You two don't need to come with me."

"Nope, we are coming with you, isn't that right Killua?" Itsuki looked over to Killua, to which he nodded. "But there is a problem, how will we find Hisoka?" Itsuki queried.

"I don't think you have noticed the real problem here Itsuki." Killua interjected. " The real problem is that with Gon's ability right now, he wouldn't even be able to lay a finger on Hisoka."

"I don't think so, Hisoka is powerful, but not to the point that we cannot cope." Itsuki differed.

Killua shook his head. "I don't think you understand how powerful Hisoka truly is." Killua dropped his backpack onto the ground. "I'll show you the differences." Killua said as he gestured Itsuki to come to him.

"Itsuki, try to defeat me in combat." Killua told her.

"Oh?" Itsuki obliged, she stepped forward confidently.

They began. Although not five minutes in, Itsuki found herself pinned to the ground. "I-I w-wasn't ready, again!"

There they go again, however Itsuki was pinned back down even faster than the first round.

They continued for six more rounds, Itsuki losing all of them.

No matter if it was strength, agility, speed, endurance, experience, Killua was way above her. And it wasn't because Itsuki was weak, she could take on several adults all at once without breaking a sweat. But Killua was just stronger, way stronger.

"You and Gon have around the same strength, if you can't even defeat me in combat, there wouldn't be a chance Gon would be able to return that punch. Mind, I'm not even half as powerful as Hisoka." Killua continued. "This is the gap."

Itsuki nodded mindlessly, she was in shock to say the least, she had never met someone that was stronger than her ever since she was born, causing her to have a false concept of her ability. Itsuki always thought she could be the strongest. But it was this moment when she realised how ignorant she was, she realised no matter how strong you are, there is always someone stronger. It displeased her to acknowledge how weak she was going against Killua, but it inspired her to learn, motivated to become stronger.

"I get it now." Itsuki conceded.

Killua smiled, patting her head.

"We barely have money or anything, where could we go?" Gon asked.

"I know just the place for it." Killua announced. " Heavens Arena..."

The grand elongated building loomed over them.

"At Heavens Arena, we can simultaneously train and earn a fortune." Killua told them.

They made their entry. Queuing up at the reception. As they waited in the line, Itsuki noticed that majority of the people signing up were the big brawny guys. The trio were very eye catching in the crowd of the large men.

"There's a lot of people signing up." Itsuki stated.

"Yeah, Heavens arena isn't like the Hunter exam, there isn't much to ask for so practically anyone could sign up." Killua explained. "The rules are simple too, there are around 200 floors, every round consists of pure combat, if you win, you are rewarded with cash. The amount you earn increases as you go up the floors."

"Interesting..."

Finally, it was their turn.

"Welcome to Heavens Arena, please fill in your details on this form."

They filled the forms in, however Itsuki got stuck on the very first question. She didn't know how to read or write.

"Pss." Itsuki nudged Killua, who was nearest to him. "I can't read."

"You can't?"

"Killua. Do you think a clan that lives on a cliff face go to schools?" Itsuki whispered-shouted.

"Fine, I'll fill it in for you." Killua whispered back.

Killua grabbed her form and started filling it in. " First, your name...that is Itsuki Zalax-"

"No, don't fill in Zalax, I need my identity hidden otherwise I'll be trending in the black markets with a bounty on my head. Fill in......Itsuki..... Zoldyck."

"Why my surname?!"

"Because Zoldyck sounds catchy."

Killua sighed, "you do you."

With Killua's help, Itsuki manages to fill in her form. She handed the form in.

The receptionist registered the three in. "Itsuki Zoldyck is #2053, Killua Zoldyck is #2054 and Gon freecs is #2055. On the first floor you'll be called up to the arena by these numbers. Take care."

The group made their way to the entrance of the arena.

They entered, revealing a massive indoor auditorium. In the middle, were around sixteen small arenas labelled by alphabets. Surrounding the arenas, were rows of seats, packed with audiences.

The three made their way to the seats.

"It's exactly how I remembered." Killua said with nostalgia.

"Eh? Have you been here?" Gon questioned.

"Yup, my dad dropped me off here when I was around six and told me I wasn't allowed to go home until I reach floor 200. At the time, it took me two years." Killua responded, remembering those days.

"Please can 2053 and 1958 go to Arena-B, your match is about to begin."

"T-that's me." Itsuki stood up, beginning to be a little agitated.

"Don't worry Itsuki, remember you passed through the testing gate, you have a certain amount of strengths." Killua reassured her.

"Good luck!" Gon added.

Itsuki walked up to Arena-B.

She observed her opponent, it was a bald muscly guy with a moustache, about three time the size of her.

"Look! It's a kiddo!" One of the audience shouted.

"This ain't the place for you kiddo." Another shouted.

The referee stepped forward. "The time limit will be 3 minutes. The game begins...now!"

The male cracked his knuckles as he smiled maliciously. "Ready Kiddo? I'll try to make it less painful for you."

Then he charged, throwing a punch at Itsuki. She dodged with ease, returning a kick in the stomach. The man was sent flying into the air, crashing into the wall.

"Don't judge too quickly, Mister."