➵ Chapter 17

"Don't judge too quickly, Mister."

The crowd went wild, cheering her on.

Itsuki came back triumphantly despite not putting much effort.

Next up was Gon, then Killua. Both winning with ease. The three's incredible moves were granted immediate access to floor 50.

They strolled into the elevator. Itsuki quickly noticed a boy around their age, she remembers him from the first floor when he also defeated his opponent in one motion.

"Heavens Arena consists of 200 floors, the levels go up in scales of 10. Therefore if a contestant in floor 50 wins, they could upgrade to floor 60. Relatively, if they lose, they would degrade to floor 40." The elevator lady explained.

"Apparently, if you manage to go up to floor 100, you'll be given a personal bedroom." The boy behind them said.

The three looked behind.

"My apologies, I haven't introduced myself yet. Osu! My name is Zushi!"

The three greeted back, returning their names.

"I have just watched your matches, you guys were amazing!" Zushi complimented as the elevator came to a halt.

"What does that suppose to mean, you skipped straight onto floor 50 as well." Killua said as he got out of the elevator.

"I still have a lot more to learn." Zushi responded modestly. "By the way, what type of martial arts do you belong to? Mine is Shingen-ryu!"

"Type of martial arts? We don't have one, do we?" Itsuki double checked with the two.

"Nope." Gon responded.

"Ehhh?! You are already this strong without any guidance?!" Zushi shrieked, looking very beaten.

Suddenly, a set of steady claps emanated behind them. Turning around, they saw a friendly young man with raven hair approaching them. "Well done Zushi, you did well."

"Thank you, Master Wing!"

The man looked over to the three. "And who are they?"

"Oh, this is Itsuki, Killua, and Gon." Zushi answered, gesturing to the three.

"Osu!" The three chanted, imitating Zushi.

"I wasn't expecting other kids to be coming here except for Zushi. Well, nice to meet you, my name is Wing." He addressed them. "Alright, it's about time for you four to get on your next round, good luck."

"OSU!"

The four teens took out their receipts as they waited in line. Zushi, who stood behind Itsuki and Killua, unintentionally saw that Killua and Itsuki's surname on their receipts were the same, assuming that they were siblings.

The receptionist claimed their receipts and exchanged them their rewards. They opened their own envelopes, emptying the few coins that could only get them a drink.

"Do we only get this much?" Itsuki muttered, looking inside the envelope to check if she left out anything.

"You get way more as you go up the floors." Killua said as he dumped down all of his coins into the vending machine beside him.

"The time when you've got up to floor 200, how much did you earn?" Gon inquired.

Zushi suddenly looked very startled.

"Hmmmm, when I got up to floor 190, I earned about two hundred million Jenny." Killua said as he opened his can of drink.

"T-two hundred million Jenny?!" Itsuki stammered. " W-what did you spend it on?"