➵ Chapter 23

After Killua's accidental confession, Itsuki imagined their time to be awkward. But it wasn't, everything felt almost the same as before, they still bickered, they still laughed. But it was also somewhat different. Ever since that day, they formed a mutual connection, an unspoken sense of trust, reassurance. But besides from that, everything feels as natural as it could be.

Everyday, the two would meet up at Gon's room, meditating along with Gon, keeping him company since Wing banned Gon to do any sort of Nen practises before he had recovered. Hence, for however long until Gon fully heals, they are stuck meditating.

Although, Itsuki thought of a much faster route.

"Gon, I just remembered that I could just heal you." Itsuki stated

Gon slowly opened his eyes from his meditation, facing Itsuki with a look as if he already predicted that Itsuki was going to say this. "Thank you Itsuki, but I won't accept your offer. It wouldn't be fair on my opponent... and it would feel like that I've cheated!"

Itsuki sighed, of course It was something Gon would say.

Killua nodded in agreement. "I agree. It would be easy to rely on your healing ability. Eventually, asking you to heal would become a norm. Relying on healing would also mean not giving your best in a battle as they'll know they could be recovered in seconds, and that mindset is dangerous. So it would be best if you never use your ability." Killua concluded.

Itsuki blinked a few times, then nodded. She honestly didn't think it was that deep.

However, even though Gon turned down being recovered faster, it didn't take long for him to be naturally healed. Itsuki and Killua was surprised to say the least, Gon's broken arm that was only suppose to be recovered in four months, was completely healed in one. So, as Wing promised, the three began training once again.

At present, here they were, gathering at Wing's room along with Zushi. And lions, it sure was awkward with Zushi who Itsuki forgotten would be there with them. To make it worse, Zushi would send long inquiring peeks at Killua and her. Although thankfully, before anyone could sense their tension, they had already began their training.

"Activate Ten." Wing instructed.

The three followed one by one, activating the aura that has been itching to be let out. To the three's surprise, their aura was much more steady than last time.

"Eh? It's much more steady. But we haven't even been practicing..." Itsuki questioned to herself.

"That's because you have been properly practicing on meditation for the past few weeks." Wing answered with a smile. "Well then, now you have mastered Ten, it is time to move onto Ren."

"Osu!" The three chorused.

Wing instructed Zushi to demonstrate as he explained. "First, activate Ten. Then, instead of keeping the aura flowing around your body, let your aura out, project you aura outwards."

And suddenly, a surge of protruding aura flowed out of Zushi.

"Woah, Zushi! Your aura is strong!" Gon complimented to a much proud Zushi. However before that pride lasted, the three had already succeeded activating Ren.

Zushi stared with wide eyes, in utter disbelief. It took him days to learn Ren yet the three picked it up immediately, his pride has never shattered harder.

"Well done, seems like you three have picked it up quite well." Wing told them. "Well then, we can start going through the types of Nen." Wing said as he led the four teens in front of a whiteboard, drawing a neat hexagon with each point labelled with words that they could not yet make sense of.