➵ Chapter 32

Not even an hour into their escape, Itsuki made it to the most wanted list within the black market. The reward shot up to a hefty ten billion Jenny.

After running for a continuous hour from their escape, the trio rested in a deserted building.

Killua scrolled on his phone with an agitated frown, as updates of Itsuki flooded on the Hunter website. There were portraits, people who claimed to have seen her, even photos of her in public that nobody knew when it was taken.

"The phantom troupe sure has its ways." Killua muttered.

The other two synchronised as they tilted their heads.

Killua sighed at their density. "Look." Killua showed them the screen. "See how it only mentions that Itsuki is wanted for ten billion? Well it doesn't mention her real identity. That she is a Zalax. The troupe intentionally put out an irresistible reward that'll immediately receive attention. But they did not disclose Itsuki's true identity so that whoever caught her wouldn't keep her for themselves. And as soon as Itsuki is caught, the troupe will no doubt kill whoever found her and take her. It's the fastest and easiest way to track her down." Killua explained. "Those despicable cunning hags."

Gon pulled out his phone and began typing. "We need to tell Leorio."

Killua immediately snatched the phone out of Gon's hand. "Idiot! People can track this phone down and find this place if you call Leorio!" Killua exclaimed in pure exasperation. "But it's true that we need to contact someone and get Itsuki into a safer place. There is no guarantee that this place won't be found and raided in the next hour. Ten billion can be a pretty good motivation."

The air became still, each wore a solemn look as they all thought hard.

Gon and Killua's thoughts were interrupted as they felt a reassuring hand placed on their shoulders. They looked up, seeing Itsuki looking at them with a small smile.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." Itsuki uttered. "Go back to Leorio and continue with our plan, and continue searching for Ging. When everything settles down, I'll come and find you-"

She wasn't able to finish as two fists collided with her head.

"Ow! Killua! And even you Gon!?" Itsuki yelped, aggressively rubbing her sore head.

"Stop whining you little hypocrite." Killua stated. "Who punched me first when I told you two to leave me behind as bait when we were captured by that Nobunaga guy? If I remember correctly... it was you. Now you're saying that we should leave without you?"

"Yeah! We're not going anywhere!" Gon agreed.

Itsuki scowled at him. "Look. I only got capture because I tailed you and Gon even when you told me not to. And then my identity was exposed. So long story short, I brought this onto myself. So I'll deal the consequences myself. So off you go. Bye."

Not a second later, she received another punch.

"STOP HITTING MY HEAD KILLUA." Itsuki fumed, attacking Killua back.

Killua nonchalantly pulled her away as he turned to Gon. "Gon. Staying here isn't safe for her. We need to get Itsuki somewhere that nobody could find, and do it fast. They could come at any given minute." Killua urged as Itsuki yapped beside them. "And the most likely person to know such a place in this area would be Kurapika. He's our best bet. I will go and get in contact with him. And Gon, you stay here and watch over Itsuki. The latest I'll be back is by night. And remeber, don't accept calls or reply to messages. If someone were to find here, your priority is to escape, then go to Leorio so that if I don't find you here when I get back, I'll know where you are." Killua finished.