➵ Chapter 42

Her vision blackened. And in the blur, Itsuki vaguely heard a faint voice shouting her name.

Killua...?

Suddenly, her vision seemed to clear. An sudden surge of energy coursing through her entire body. She struggled against Feitan with a newfound vigour. Her Nen was activated as she clawed against Feitan's hands, she used the chance to open her eyes and look around, searching desperately for the figure she hoped to see.

Killua.

But the building was empty, not even a trace of life. No one was here.

It was all a hallucination. No body was here to save her.

And just like before, her hope was again torn apart. Her aura became as unstable as ever, she dug her nails into Feitan's flesh as the last act of struggle, she could feel warmth of blood drawing from Feitan's skin. Although just as her vision blackened again, she caught a glimpse of Feitan smiling from ear to ear.

Suddenly, the darkness taking over her senses didn't feel so cold anymore, even radiating a welcoming warmth. Itsuki didn't want to think anymore, she submitted to the darkness in her vision.

But Feitan didn't allow her the ease. He released his grip on her throat just before she completely lost her senses, dropping her back to reality.

Itsuki coughed violently, breathing in air as if it would run out.

Her body shook uncontrollably, she looked up to Feitan, she was mentally exhausted, and he refused to even let her the ease of blacking out.

And then she saw Shitto, bleeding from the impact of Feitan's attack, fainted.

"Shitto-" She shouted, and a straining pain hit her throat, Itsuki didn't realise how hard Feitan's grip was until now.

Feitan watched her as she scrambled up to Shitto, shaking her and attempting to shout her name.

But it was all futile. It was over. The lost hope plastered plainly on her face. And Feitan drank in every bit of it, with relish, he loved it. He loved the misery in Itsuki's eyes, how helpless she looked, the desperation when she wanted to scream but no voice left her.

And hearing Feitan's relentless laughter. For the first time, Itsuki wanted to give up. For the first time, she wanted to stop, she no longer wanted to know what the future holds.

And a familiar aura surrounded the entire building. The malice in the aura can only be Feitan's. He walked towards Itsuki.

"Stop!" Itsuki mindlessly shouted. "Just stop." She repeated, barely above a whisper. She turned to Shitto, shook her a few more times. But the body lay still.

Feitan's bandanna has slipped past his chin, revealing the bottom half of his face. He ever so slightly tilted his head, an amused grin tugging his lips. He brought up the hand that is still stained with his blood from Itsuki's scratch, and licked the blood dry. It had been a pleasurable night for him. A pleasure that was built upon others pain. And he wasn't going to stop there.

He gave a pitying look as Itsuki continued shaking Shitto. "Do you want to know something funny?" He begun.

Itsuki spared him no attention.