➵ Chapter 24

"YOU IDIOT!" Killua shouted at a much guilty Itsuki. "What the hell were you thinking?"

Gon nodded beside Killua, appearing to be cross but was too soft for his own good.

"I..." Itsuki murmured, "I just wanted to test out how effective my Ren has gotten..."

"By testing it on other people?!" Killua pointed to a unconscious grown man lying beside them, "AND WHO THE HELL EVEN IS HE?!"

"I-I figured that this was the only way I could check since water divination isn't exactly helpful to see how poisonous the water has gotten... plus poison wouldn't work on my own body and it's not like I want to test it on others ... and how else do I know how strong my Ren is... You Transmuters have it easy, you could just taste how sweet your water's gotten..." Itsuki muttered. "And, I've already got everything thought out! If he doesn't wake up in ten minutes I would just heal him!"

"Use your brain. You could have exposed your identity to him!" Killua said exasperated.

"Yeah Itsuki, and you shouldn't experiment on strangers!" Gon added.

"Sorry..." Itsuki fiddled with her thumb. "But I mean he did agree to it..."

Killua raised a brow, "I believe you." His tone could not be more sarcastic.

"No Im being serious! I was strolling on the streets, looking for someone to test out. Then suddenly, this man came up to me and said 'Hello little dear, are you lost? Want to stay at mine for tonight?' Which I declined and asked if he wanted to come to my place instead. And he accepted after asking if I lived alone. And then before we got anywhere, I made sure to warn him clear and proper, 'Just a warning, if you come to my place, I can't guarantee what might happen to you.' And I was lucky, because despite me warning him, he still came. And the weird thing is, he even looked excited. What a weirdo, he was excited to be poisoned!" Itsuki finished with a laugh. "So yeah, as a matter of fact, he did agree-" Itsuki suddenly came to a halt as she watched Killua drag the man to the nearest window and chucked him out. "KILLUA, WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR?!" Itsuki ran over to the window, peering down  the two hundred story high building.

"Delivering him to the place he should be." He replied, anger seeping in his tone.

Killua then dragged Itsuki back where they were, and smacked her hard on the head. "Don't ever bring strangers back ever again." Killua commanded. "ESPECIALLY THAT SORT."

"O-okay." Itsuki stuttered, caught off by the sudden intimacy.

Killua was just about to continue the lecture when he unintentionally caught a glimpse of the clock and halted. He let out a lengthy sigh before leaving the room.

"C'mon Itsuki! It's Killua and Sadaso's match now!" Gon called out, pulling Itsuki back from her thoughts.

"Eh? I thought the match with Sododo is tomorrow!"

"You mean Sadaso?" Gon corrected.

"Quick! Let's go! We can't miss Killua beating up that Sado!" Itsuki cheered as she hauled Gon out the room.

However little did they know, Sadaso was not going to turn up, not for Killua's fight, nor for Itsuki or Gon's fight. In fact, he had long hurried out of the city.

Soon, Itsuki came back disappointed. "What a boomer...What was all that effort of kidnapping Zushi then threatening us to sign up a fight with him when he wasn't even going to turn up!"

"Who knows?" Killua responded, though knows fully well why Sadaso hadn't turn up.

"Oh well, we've still got two more fights to look forward to!" Itsuki called out. "So our next match is with the spinner guy then the wheelchair man. It's... Nemo and...Richbelt!"