➵ Chapter 51

look who's updated and didn't dip for six months again 🤭

Unrelated but look at this Nanami Kento fanart. I need him to sit on my face, full pressure, cheeks parted.

3rd POV

It had to be done.

And Itsuki knew that, but it still didn't manage to ease her displeasure of hurting her childhood friend. But she knew it was the right thing to do.

Itsuki stood as still as a stone. Her expression was unreadable, drowned in her own pensive silence.

Meanwhile Killua stood behind the door, who made great use of his hard earned assassination skills and spent the last five minutes stealthily eaves dropping on the conversation.

He dare say he even felt a little bad for Kai, but as someone who viewed him as competition, killua spent the rest of the time relishing the sweet sound of Kai's heart break.

On the other side of the door, Itsuki was in her own thoughts, thinking maybe on how she could have made the situation less awkward or less hurtful. In the end, she concluded it with a sigh.

There was no good way to do this.

"Sticky situation..."

However, one thing she was sure of, is that Kai will move on. It was one quality she respected him most for. He wasn't a dweller, who couldn't let the past go.

And it was this moment, Killua deemed the appropriate time to join her. He opened the door and popped his head out, only his face visible.

"All... all sorted?" Killua asked, his eyes round and innocent.

"Don't act like you didn't just hear the whole conversation." Itsuki muttered, her half lidded eyes looking at Killua.

Killua didn't respond, now doubting his stealth that he swore was perfect. But he knew there was no point in lying. "Ah, you sensed my presence?"

"No." Itsuki answered truthfully. "But I know you're petty." She continued. "And seeing Kai like that, you wouldn't give it up for the world."

Killua peered sideways, not knowing whether to be ashamed or happy that Itsuki knows him so well.

"..."

Only the leaking pipes in the background can be heard.

It continued on for several minutes.

"Uh... Itsuki." Killua suddenly muttered.

"..Itsuki?" He tried again.

"Yes, Killua?"

"You... uh know... there's not really anything you can do about it now." Killua said, his voice delicate.

"And uh, he'll get over it..." He babbled on, not expecting Itsuki's small smile.

"Is that your attempt to make me feel better?" Itsuki laughed.

Killua ruffled his show white hair, refusing to respond.

"Thanks..." Itsuki said. "But don't worry, I'm not upset. I trust Kai. And it may not seem like it but he's emotionally mature."

"Still." Killua interjected. "...Maybe we can do something to just... relax from all this drama lately..."

Itsuki raised a brow. "What you thinking?"

Killua shifted his head to the left, and became very shifty all of a sudden. "Well... I'm thinking..."

Itsuki's unrelenting gaze were not doing him any favours. "Well? Speak up."

"Maybe... I could take you on a date." Killua managed to squeeze out.