➵ Chapter 10

50 hours remaining.

"50 hours!" Itsuki groaned. " you're telling me that we have to stay in here for 50 hours?!"

"Yup, now stop groaning." Killua said as he settled down in a corner.

"I cannnnnnnn't stayyyyyyyyyyyyy innnnnnnnn hereeeeeeeee." Itsuki blabbed as she sprints around the tiny room, then eventually slumping face-first onto the ground.

The others watched her wryly, not knowing what they were going to do with her.

"Itsuki, why don't you try and smash down this wall like you did before?" Gon suggested as he pointed to the wall next to him.

Itsuki immediately shot back up, "you're a genius!" She exclaimed as she takes two step back, and with a boost, she lunged forward, swinging her legs on to the wall with full force.

. . .

With a wail, Itsuki held onto her sore foot as she hysterically hopped around the room, blithering.

"What did you expect? This room is designed to lock us up. Of course it's not going to crash down like the other walls." Killua laughed.

40 hours remaining.

A drop of sweat trickled down her face as she stared at Killua's equally determined eyes. Her features were stern, embellished with utmost confidence. Though contradicting how she really felt, she was insecure, uncertain. Uncertain what the notorious Killua Zoldyck was going to pull out next. Her heart accelerated as her breathing became uneven. She gulped, the intensity slowly eating her away.

This was it.

"Rock, paper, scissors!"

Killua pulled out rock whereas Itsuki pulled out scissors. Killua wins.

He happily took the last piece of chips, and made sure to circle the chip around Itsuki's face multiple time before finally popping it into his mouth.

Itsuki slumped onto the floor, defeated.

30 hours remaining

"...Can your blood really revive the dead like the rumours says you can?" Gon questioned curiously.

"Well, I don't really know to be honest, but I do know that our blood can cure diseases, like cancers and stuff." Itsuki stopped as she took a sip of water, "But not all of us can. You know how we are known for having pure white blood? Well that's half true, when we were born, our blood stays the colour of red and possess no healing power. As we grow up and hit puberty, the colour of our blood slowly gets lighter and lighter, and begin to have the property to heal, although not everyone goes at the same pace. Some Zalax could only get so much to the colour light pink through their entire life, so it really depends on the person. But the lighter the blood, the more powerful the healing gets. Therefore pure white bloods are the most powerful at healing."

"Ah, then don't you have the most powerful blood type? Your blood was pure white when you were healing Leorio." Gon stated, recalling the extraordinary event.

"No, if you have looked closer, you would have seen that my blood still has a reddish tint to it. It's not that easy to have pure white, in fact barely anyone in the history of Zalax possess pure white blood." Itsuki explained.

"Hold up, how do you all know the colour of your bloods, do you all Zalaxes have a habit of checking your blood colours on a regular basis?" Killua said skeptically.

"Of course not," Itsuk answered, almost offended. "We only check on our birthdays. We Zalaxes have a tradition, on our birthdays, we have to pour a drop of blood into a bowl of water and then pour it down the cliff as a symbol of worship to the passed member of Zalax. As we are doing that, we automatically see the colour of our blood."

"Wow... please tell us more!" Gon asked eagerly, highly intrigued by the exotic lifestyle of the Zalax.

Itsuki giggled at Gon's eagerness, reminding her exactly how she was years ago when she asked the mysterious man about the outside world.

"Alright, I'll tell you about when we...

20 hours remaining

Snores reverberated in the crowded room. Everyone was asleep, adventuring away in their dreams, all except the trio. Killua was wide awake, he sat up, bored. He looked at his pillow, then looked at the two sleeping figures. A smirk wrapped around his face. He flung the pillow to the two 'sleeping' teens, and before they know it, that one throw of the pillow has evolved to a full blown pillow fight, making a absolute ruckus.

"Oi, Pipe down!" Leorio yelled.

10 hours remaining

"Here I go!"

Itsuki shouted as she flicks the skateboard into the air with her feet, simultaneously jumping into the air before free falling down to the landed skateboard, unbalanced, she fell on her behind.

"Pfft-" Killua immediately halted, but it was too late, Itsuki has already heard the short sneer and has taken great offence. She frowned at him, making a face of "I'll prove you wrong!" Itsuki once again got onto the skateboard.

There she goes, once again flicking the skateboard with her feet. This time, the skateboard went higher, and at a angle too. Shooting off straight onto Killua's head.

A tiny bump appeared on Killua's head.

He glared at Itsuki.

Now, it was Itsuki who was holding in the laugh, "oops, sorry,"

"Y-you did it on purpose didn't you." Killua uttered, annoyance seeping in his tone.

Itsuki smiled at him, "Who knows?"

0:00 Time is up.

Itsuki stretches her arms to the fullest extent, sore from lying around. Finally they are being released, the past hours were exhausting, especially next to an angry Killua.

The door opened, they set off.