➵ Chapter 39

After the news of Killua and Gon getting caught, Kai got to Kurapika early enough to help for the capture of Chrollo. And now, Kurapika and others were left for the negotiation with Kai and Leorio watching from afar.

The atmosphere was not welcoming.

Kurapika's eyes burnt Scarlett.

"Now for verification." Kurapika spoke, his voice stern. "Are you Pakunoda, from the troupe."

"Of course." The woman answered, expressionless.

Kurapika eyed to his left, looking at his trusted colleague, Melody. "She's telling the truth."

Kurapika's gaze averts back. "Your leader will be safe as long as you accept two terms." The chains wrapped tighter around Chrollo Lucifer, standing just by his side.

A sword shaped chain dangled from Kurapika's finger. "First, to your leader." Kurapika said. "One, using nen is prohibited."

And before he could continues, he halted. A million things suddenly raced to his brain, messing up his mind, he was faltering. The anger, the fury, from all those years seeking for vengeance, boiled under his skin. Was this the right decision. For he realised right this second, even without the leader, the troupe goes on.

And this was a chance. A rare chance to utterly defeat the troupe, where they'll never rise again.

But he couldn't do anything. There was no possible route to achieve that.

The scarlet kept on burning, the hate fueling the vibrant shade of red. Although nothing should be compared to Killua or Gon right now. His conscious is telling him, all it matters now, was for Gon and Killua to be safe.

I don't want to lose any more friends.

He no longer hesitates. "Two. From onwards, there is no interaction from any members of the troupe." He held up the judgement chain.

"Whether accept the terms for the leader or not, it is up to you, Pakunoda."

Pakunoda didn't miss Chrollo's warning gaze. But nonetheless.

"I accept."

Without warning, the chain pierced into Chrollo's chest. Where the chain wrapped securely around his heart.

"Now your turn, Pakunoda. One, before midnight, release Gon and Killua. Two, do not reveal any of my appearance or information to the rest of the troupe." Another chain lingered in the air. "Do you accept." Kurapika said.

Pakunoda answered without a blink of an eye. "I accept."

Pakunoda flinched as the chain speared through.

Then, the deal was over. Pakunoda dissappeared into the night.

Nearing to midnight, Pakunoda reappeared from the dark, followed by Gon and Killua.

The deal was successful. And they were back.

Gon smiled as he raced to Leorio, giving him a high five.

Kai gave Killua a side eye when Killua made it to the group. "You know, I was really hoping you wouldn't make it." Kai said.

Killua scoffed. "Well, I couldn't leave Itsuki to a crap like you."

"Stop it you two!" Leorio yelled, ending their quarrel.

The four boarded the ship Kurapika and Leorio came in.

"Sorry for getting you and Killua caught by the troupe." Kurapika apologised.

Gon quickly shook his head. "Don't worry Kurapika. Did you manage to use the judgement chain on Chrollo?"

Kurapika nodded. "But it doesn't mean that everything is finished." The scarlet has now faded to coal black, dark circles began growing under his eyes. His energy were running out.

"We should get back to Itsuki. She's worried sick." Kai suggested, whipping out his phone. "I'm just gonna call Itsuki to let her know that Gon and that asshole is safe."

The phone began ringing.

And ringing.

And ringing...

Little did they know, Itsuki's phone was long crushed under Feitan's ruthless hold.

Panick rose within the little airship.

Kurapika quickly grabbed a map and let one of the chains hover over the map. The chain levitated near north. The hotel Itsuki should be in was at the south.

And only then, they realised that Itsuki wasn't at the hotel.

The night was no where near finished.

Itsuki stared helplessly into the night. She shifted uncomfortably winthin the restraints. Her protest was futile when Feitan secured extra sturdy metal wires, it was more than uncomfortable. And Itsuki doubted it was to prevent her from escaping. More for his entertainment to watch her suffer when the wires digged into her skin.

She was placed on a boulder, breathing in the scent of weed that grew in bushes near by. Itsuki doesn't recognise the place, it was another desolate area that stood forsaken buildings that nobody tend to.

Feitan sat metres away, with an opened book, on the front, labelled "Trevor Brown".

But he wasn't reading at all. He looked restless. Itsuki noticed that he hasn't turned the page for at least thirty minutes. Instead, he had be digging his nails on the front cover back and forth, as if something was bothering him.

It was true. He couldn't focus. He wanted blood. He wanted to torture her until no more blood could be spilled from her.

But orders were given that he couldn't hurt her. Hence, he had been annoyed in the past half an hour, suppressing his insane amount of bloodlust.

"Where is Killua and Gon." Itsuki finally gathered the courage to question him.

The scratching of the book stopped. Itsuki struggled to meet his gaze.

"Shut it."

It seemed that Itsuki's eyes have deceived her as Feitan was now merely inches away.

Although he seemed to be distracted by something. He peered to her shoulders.

Which brought Itsuki to focusing her shoulders, feeling something wet trickling down by her sides. She looked down, a large cut was sliced open by the metal wires.

Feitan smiled at the blood gushing down her arm. He pressed down on the fresh wound, applying pressure.

Itsuki winced. Whether it was caused by the unsettling excitement in Feitan's eyes or the pain, she didn't know.

The hot liquid sticked onto Feitan's fingers. He examined her blood with curiosity, which Itsuki found surprising, not knowing that he had any other emotions besides from bloodthirsty.

He slid down his bandana, revealing the rest of his face. He sharpened his hands and sliced a large cut on his cheek.

He leaned down to Itsuki's shoulder and licked the blood dry. Itsuki scrunched up her nose in pure disgust.

And minutes later, the wound on Feitan's face was completely healed. Feitan's fingers trailed down on his skin, where the cut should have been. Itsuki didn't like how his eyes grew more and more excited.

"I see why Captain took an interest to you." Feitan murmured, lifting Itsuki's head to meet his eye. His eyes were darker than the night. "I'm sure Captain wouldn't mind me having a little fun with you."